SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Nie(bo) Szczecin
10,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hanza Tower

The new symbol of Szczecin (Stettin) will be the tallest commercial property between Berlin and Gdansk (Danzig).

The name of the building draws on the glory of the medieval Hansa. Stettin was one of the cities affiliated with the Union of Cities that to have developed the fastest.

Today the name of the investment is intended to emphasise the direction of changes Stettin is undergoing and the 125-meter building will be its brand new symbol. Hanza Tower is a combination of sophisticated style and the latest functional solutions.

Its design is founded on the concept developed by Laguarda Low Architects LLC Dallas. The building owing to its glass section, leaning towards Oder River resembles a dynamic sail.

The tower is being developed by J.W. Construction, which is one of the most important developers in Poland.

Function: mixed use
Area: downtown
Total height: 95 m
Floors: 28 (including 4 underground)
Useable space: 47739 m2
Living space: 22000 m2
Commercial space: 17891 m2
Parking lots: 383

Renderings:

:)

Here's the link to the main thread (discussion in polish):
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=413207

And the official website:
http://www.hanzatower.pl/

:)

·
Nie(bo) Szczecin
10,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
To make the construction possible, the old post-war building, which housed the clothing factory, were demolished:

Here it's during it's finest years:

Photo by MisiekSzczecin

Photo by artur-nowyszczecin

Photo by Piotr-Stettin

Photo by EGOista

Photo by kaskader

Photo by Piotr-Stettin

Photo by Piotr-Stettin

Photo by 4Dfoto/Skórka

Photo by EGOista

·
Nie(bo) Szczecin
10,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The construction site has been cleared and it now looks like this:

Photo by Piotr-Stettin

Photo by Piotr-Stettin

Photo by JacYk

There is also an old, pre-war building. This one also housed clothing factory, it is going to be renovated and serve as 4- or 5-star hotel:

Photo by SOSENKA

The same building in the german period (probably around 1920's):

Photo by: http://sedina.pl/

·
Nie(bo) Szczecin
10,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ To be more accurate, on the official website there is a mention about "Tri-City", not Gdansk or Gdynia, but that's just details. :) Besides, SeaTowers in Gdynia (which is taller than Hanza) is a residential tower, not commercial. :)

·
Cold Ass Honkey
2,410 Posts
Nice tower and it´s great that they will renovate this beautiful pre-war building! :eek:kay:

And it´s always a pleasure to see an ugly commie block demolished to make place for something new. :yes:

·
Registered
148 Posts
^^
:eek:hno:

Nice but after all very average building.. for sure not "most beautiful in Poland" - try to be more objective. It's just silly when someone from Szczecin writes something like that...

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
^^ But it most likely is. There is also Warsaw Spire which is very nice but this one is better. Does the fact I'm from Krakow make my vote for Spire's 2nd place irrelevant? :stupid:

·
Batiar
876 Posts
^^ Me too. "Hanza" looks just like basic well-looking building, and if someone try to say this is most beautiful building in Poland... it wouldn't be a good news for Poland. We have many examples of more ambitious architecture in other cities. I can understand that people from Szczecin are pleased, but please, don't be ridiculous.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Whatever. Tastes are different. There will never be "one most beautiful building".

I think it is a beautiful design. Very elegant.
And a good addition to Stettin as well. Could be a real good eyecatcher.

Keep it up :)

·
Nie(bo) Szczecin
10,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 58 Posts