SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Regaurdless of hearing this, the construction won't start until next year.

·
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well when winner will be announced they will start financing stage (Looking for investors to finance the construction since only part is covered by state money).
They expect it to last for half a year or so (A winner should be announced in a month or two).
After they have the money construction will be started.
So somewhere from beginning to middle of next year is a good bet for construction start.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
you will wake up in 2008 and ask yourself if theyve started the TA light rail project..
you will wake up in 2010 and ask the same thing.

·
Praise The RoM
729 Posts
I dont agree, construction will start, I hate the ISraeli atittude of "nothing is happening here", many countries would love to have the Israeli rapidness

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
^^ yes, sure, whatever, its independance day, you can lie to yourself to feel good :)

·
----
868 Posts
whatever, I still despise the fact they're going to build a light rail and not a subway. I live in Bat-Yam, and the place needs a true subway connection!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Azazel said:
whatever, I still despise the fact they're going to build a light rail and not a subway. I live in Bat-Yam, and the place needs a true subway connection!!!
I thought part of it was going to be underground?

·
Registered
71 Posts
theKD80 said:
I thought part of it was going to be underground?
Yeah, the central part, some 10 km out of 22 or so.
The problem isn't really with the fact it's not going to be 100 percent undeground. The real problem is that the open part of the route is NOT going to be separated from the rest of the traffic. And this turns the whole project into an unprecedentedly weird hybrid of a real metro and a tram.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
^^ new york also has it sometimes. also tokyo I think . also probably others I dont know about. the problem starts when by now they could have long finished
an entire overground system but because they demanded underground it wasnt built + a weird hybrid

·
Registered
172 Posts
Izhak said:
Yeah, the central part, some 10 km out of 22 or so.
The problem isn't really with the fact it's not going to be 100 percent undeground. The real problem is that the open part of the route is NOT going to be separated from the rest of the traffic. And this turn the whole project into an unprecedentedly weird hybrid of a real metro and a tram.
oh, that is wierd

·
Registered
71 Posts
theKD80 said:
oh, that is wierd
Sure it is. I've heard promises, though, that the traffic lights will be programmed to give the trains (or should I say trams?) the utmost priority so they'll only have to wait on traffic lights once in a while when there's a serious congestion in the area. Still, I hope one day they decide to separate the railway route completely from the street traffic, be it by digging tunnels or by building bridges and interchanges.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
source26 said:
^^ new york also has it sometimes. also tokyo I think . also probably others I dont know about. the problem starts when by now they could have long finished
an entire overground system but because they demanded underground it wasnt built + a weird hybrid
For the NYC subway, only in upper Manhattan is part of it now above the ground as well as different parts of the outer borroughs. The reason for the subway was b/c the els were leaving a noise as well as pollution, which lead to moving it underground. Many knew ahead that the els weren't going to stay in NYC for that long. Over the years, it extended outside of Manhattan and replaced a number of other els along with the trollyes (or boweries). On a sidenote, the NYC subway system is the only one that does not go outside city limits.

·
Israel
500 Posts
yes this is the order of the buliding urbane first the red line and then the green, the yellow and finaly the purple

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Thanx goodmood ! Why is part of the orange line broken (can't think of the english word right now), is that also projected to go underground ?

It might be neat to have an above ground light-rail on the beach promenade and close the road to traffic except for taxis and buses if the car traffice can be channeled through other roads.

·
Israel
500 Posts
you'r wellcome, the orange line is a proposed expansion to the green line from northen Tel Aviv to Herzlia (a suburb in the norh of tel-aviv), this proposal probably will be cancelled. im not sure about the reason , but i think that it has to do with money.
i think that your suggestion is very good , but first let them build the first line - 2013

·
Israel
500 Posts
while we're waiting to the light rail in tel-aviv many people ignore the real project , the light rail in jerusalem - the first line will start to move in 2 years , and the work is very advanced. they're gonna lay the track in two months.
here is their site http://www.rakevetkala.org.il/en_main.html

·
9,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it is really not the same.
While I most definetely believe that is important for Jerusalem ,stil it is just "tram".
In Tel Aviv we are talking at least partly about underground system.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts