Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was down it t-town for this last weekend, and took a few shots. I do not know any information on the tower being built.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Great pictures! I think it is sad that many people ignores Tacoma that Tacoma is growing as well as Bellevue and Seattle do. We should have third thread for Tacoma Development Thread. We can learn more about Tacoma developments.

·
Northwest Photo King
2,213 Posts
Not just Seattle and bellevue, but all the fastest growing towns in our state.
Tacoma, Vancouver, Spokane, Everett... I already made intro posters for them. ;D

be sure to check out my exstensive pictures of Tacoma.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Tacoma! It's what's for dinner!

Poor 'ole Tacoma. Or is it?

Tacoma could be the next cool place that is still affordable. Afterall, some of us over a certain age remember the awful smell (now gone), and it offers many views that are equal to Seattle's.

New condos are going up, new homes are being built. Hey, Tacoma could be the next big Puget Sound story in the next 20 years. I'd bet on it!

BTW, The Tacoma Narrows Bridge project is more than halfway done. Can Seattle say that about the Viaduct or 520? 'Nuff said!

Tacoma, you may be a 2nd cousin, but we love you!

·
I'm alive
10,566 Posts
all those projects should help Tacoma to develop, but let's not forget that this place, still as one of the most dangerous place in america as far as natural disaters, don't forget that this city is on a major disaster path.if something did happend with mountain Rainier in the future. other than that, it should be fine

·
Black Box
1,745 Posts
Poor 'ole Tacoma. Or is it?

Tacoma could be the next cool place that is still affordable. Afterall, some of us over a certain age remember the awful smell (now gone), and it offers many views that are equal to Seattle's.

New condos are going up, new homes are being built. Hey, Tacoma could be the next big Puget Sound story in the next 20 years. I'd bet on it!

BTW, The Tacoma Narrows Bridge project is more than halfway done. Can Seattle say that about the Viaduct or 520? 'Nuff said!

Tacoma, you may be a 2nd cousin, but we love you!
I'm glad it does not smell so much. Have you been over the new Narrows? Tacoma will continue to improve, I have no doubt about that. 40 minutes to the south and I feel like I'm in a different world. Well, I do. Either I have to change or Tacoma has to change a bit still before I don't feel that way anymore. Oh yeah, I'll second the love.

·
Journeyman
16,925 Posts
all those projects should help Tacoma to develop, but let's not forget that this place, still as one of the most dangerous place in america as far as natural disaters, don't forget that this city is on a major disaster path.if something did happend with mountain Rainier in the future. other than that, it should be fine
Wrong.

Tacoma is risky for earthquakes. But Mt. Rainier is 40 miles away. The only major volcano risk that far out is mudflows, which only affect river valleys. Most of the city is on hills. Furthermore, in Tacoma you should get plenty of notice to evacuate the valleys.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Wrong.

Tacoma is risky for earthquakes. But Mt. Rainier is 40 miles away. The only major volcano risk that far out is mudflows, which only affect river valleys. Most of the city is on hills. Furthermore, in Tacoma you should get plenty of notice to evacuate the valleys.
True, but those valleys around Tacoma are filling up with more and more people everyday. That's the scary part.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
^^ People doesn't care if they're living in dangerous place for natural disasters. Look at Florida... Dangerous place to live for hurrances... Try Kansas... Tons of tornados... Northwest region... Volancoes and some faults for massive earthquakes... California... Alot of faults for earthquakes. People will always live in dangerous places no matter what period. I chose to live in Puget Sound even its dangerous for massive earthquake, tsuamsani or volanco eurption because I love Seattle so much so I am not letting these to stop me from living there.

·
I'm alive
10,566 Posts
^^ People doesn't care if they're living in dangerous place for natural disasters. Look at Florida... Dangerous place to live for hurrances... Try Kansas... Tons of tornados... Northwest region... Volancoes and some faults for massive earthquakes... California... Alot of faults for earthquakes. People will always live in dangerous places no matter what period. I chose to live in Puget Sound even its dangerous for massive earthquake, tsuamsani or volanco eurption because I love Seattle so much so I am not letting these to stop me from living there.
you right, but still a little scary isn't?

·
Neanderthal
956 Posts
Wrong.

I believe that Downtown would remain unscathed by a large scale lahar. But smaller towns in the valleys like Orting will get wiped out. Not to mention that if grand enough, a landslide could go right through the Port of Tacoma into Commencement Bay.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts