917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
tamsui river

north coast

·
Don Pedro-Lorenzo
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
hehe..thank u very much but i am afraid that i've neither enough skill nor material for it..

i ve aleady quoted my source higher: www.treakearth.com ;)

·
Don Pedro-Lorenzo
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's the backgarden i think...

·
Don Pedro-Lorenzo
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
deleted

·
Don Pedro-Lorenzo
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

spinning

sea of umbrellas

mr juice

taipei metro

sulfur brook

the road goes ever on

grand-hotel

the presidential palace

·
Registered
131 Posts
Great pics as always Pierre-Laurent.Thanks :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
NICE snapshot

Real Taiwan spots to enjoy :cheers2:

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
Sean Hannity said:
Looks cleaner than China. Is it really cleaner?
Depends on how you look at it. The short answer would be yes.

In recent decades, Taiwan has really cleaned up well. While in China, large cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen... etc. have very clean areas but because of the size difference between mainland China and Taiwan, both in physical size and population not to mention the economical differences, it is easier to keep Taiwan clean.

I remember growing up in Taiwan in the 80's, that's when Taiwan first started to really clean up and it seems like it has paid off.

·
Don Pedro-Lorenzo
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
except specific areas as markets, i'd say a big YES to your question, taiwan and especially its large cities as taipei is kinda clean, it was even a big surprise for me, on my first return. nearly no paper no can on in the street in the quarter where i resided during my stays, whereas it used to be kinda dirty in the 80th. but i think taiwan can still make progress in matters of maintenance of their buildings and houses...taiwanese take more care of their interior than the exterior of their house, often broken-down, as though it's not a part of it...and sewer system can be improved too, even if it's already good. except these fects, taiwan's cleaness is ok in general.

(to pangu: were you on holidays lately? you are less often online!)

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
pierre-laurent said:
but i think taiwan can still make progress in matters of maintenance of their buildings and houses...taiwanese take more care of their interior than the exterior of their house, often broken-down, as though it's not a part of it...
OMG, true that!!!

I wonder why that is...

I remember even hearing a Taiwanese comedian talking about that, where a typical Taiwanese home looks like a shack outside but a palace inside...

pierre-laurent said:
(to pangu: were you on holidays lately? you are less often online!)
I wish! I've been swamped with work mostly. :)

·
Don Pedro-Lorenzo
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so it's rather a good news, more job more income, jia you...

·
Banned
886 Posts
pierre-laurent said:
maybe as canadian are a subset of english. we can be brother but not necessary living in a same house.
I don't want to talk about your stupid idea of Taiwan independence in Korea thread. If you want, I can talk here.

pierre-laurent said:
i think that you don't realize how ridiculous you are. but you do what you want, i'm not your father.
I don't even want you to be my grandson because you don't even realize how idiotic, hypocratic, and treacherous you are.

By the way, I am in Taiwan at present. I flatterd Taiwan in Korea thread. Don't get over-excited. I have seen how Taiwan cities look like and how people live as well as its industries.

·
Banned
886 Posts
Pangu said:
Depends on how you look at it. The short answer would be yes.

In recent decades, Taiwan has really cleaned up well. While in China, large cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen... etc. have very clean areas but because of the size difference between mainland China and Taiwan, both in physical size and population not to mention the economical differences, it is easier to keep Taiwan clean.

I remember growing up in Taiwan in the 80's, that's when Taiwan first started to really clean up and it seems like it has paid off.
If Taiwan can be said to be clean, you must have not seen how a clean city looks like.

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
kelvinyang: I don't know what you wish to accomplish by being rude and unfriendly, but that kind of behavior is discouraged on SkyscraperCity. Please tone it down and if you continue to behave this way, you will be dealt with accordingly. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts