SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Looks almost identical to Busan's International Finance Center tower, but then there both just glass boxes with fins on top.

Looks nice.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,257 Posts
Taipei is finally adding to its skyline ending the decade long loneliness of the former world's tallest with several new projects

·
Illuminati Leader
4,627 Posts
Looks like the New York Times Tower in NYC

·
Registered
297 Posts
There is work going on at the site but it's not construction work. As far as I know it's re-routing of underground pipes and also something to do with the metro, unfortunately my chinese isn't good enough to know exactly what it it that's going on. Half of the site is being worked on and the other half is a being used to park tour buses at the moment.
As for the similarity to the NYT building, Renzo Piano is the architect for this building too.

This pic is a couple of months old but nothing has changed, I went past here on Tuesday and the site looks the same. You can see all the tour buses in the foreground and the ground work (whatever it's for) is going on behind the buses:

IMAG4047 by Noodlestaiwan7, on Flickr

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,257 Posts

Developer has readjusted floor area of main tower and other facilities. Main tower is reduced to 53f and 265.55m. Exhibition facility will have more floor area and gain one more floor.
^^ the twisty tower is just a midrise

Reactions: Torch
1 - 20 of 74 Posts