Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
129,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been exploring various lookout points in Taipei for some skyline views. Surrounded by tall hills, I expected a number of unique and photogenic spots, such as :

Xiangshan

Taipei County Government Building - Banqiao

Maokong

Fuzhoushan

Have I missed any other major ones?

·
心在臺灣
9,898 Posts
Xiangshan is part of Sishoushan (Shishan, Hushan, Baoshan, Shishan), I think Shishan is the tallest and with best views. Hushan is also pretty good too.

In Xizhi there is Dajianshan, another amazing view point. You can see most of the Taipei Basin from here as well as Xizhi and as far as Keelung.

In the Neihu there are few points: Bishanyan Temple is the most famous, but the best views IMO are from Jinmianshan which is directly above Neihu. Nice views are also from Grand Hotel and the hill behind him (Jiantanshan)

Great views are from Yangmingshan's China's Culture University. And Datunshan - but only when there is very clear sky and perfect visibility as it is more then 1000m above the city.

Another vantage point is Guanyinshan, but also must be very clear sky - from this point you can see the whole Taipei basin and also Taoyuan and Taipei Port in Bali

Once I tried to find vintage points west of Taipei Basin but I couldn't but I am sure there must be at least few.

In the south west there is Datunshan with nice views to Banqiao, Taipei, Shulin and Xinzhuang, here you can see Taiwan High Speed Rail line cutting through the city as well as soon to be open Airport MRT line

In the south there is Yuantong Temple in Zhonghe and the whole trail east from the temple. And also Hongludi with Tudigong and the mountain behind

In the city, there is of course Taipei 101 with observatory on 89 and 91F but there is also Starbucks on 35th floor with better, more down-to-earth, views. You can take Miramar Ferris Wheel which goes up to 100m, it has good views on Neihu and Dazhi, Songshan Airport and Xinyi. One interesting vantage point is Beitou Incinerator Revolving Restaurant on top of the chimney, never been there but it can be interesting

I don't know about any other observation point in the city which is open to public

·
129,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Sounds like there's a lot of hiking ... which spots are more easily accessible by transit and not a very hard hike for a view?

·
心在臺灣
9,898 Posts
Neihu Jinmianshan is accessible from Neihu MRT metro line, Xihu station, this is short but steep walk. Jiantanshan is close to Jiantan MRT station, it is very easy and short (although there are many trails going further into Yuanshan mountain range).

In the south Yuantong Temple is easy accessible from Jingan MRT station, it is also quite easy and not very long.

·
Guatemalensis Lepidus
4,868 Posts
You can come to Taipei National University of the Arts, in Beitou. It has nice views of most Taipei City, from the North. No hiking needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts