Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
btw, they really need to replace or renovate that ugly pink/blue housing project in the last picture. it's so dirty and an awful eyesore.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I actually like the design, more like a office building but still.. its better than the other stuff.. the old hotel that Kalifese is also good. Very OLD SCHOOL!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
It is designed by Australian DBI design company and 三門建築事務所.

It is DBI's rendering.
So it must be something dispute with client or government.
Of course, it's by a foreign architect. I should've suspected!

And what dispute are you referring to, william?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Of course, it's by a foreign architect. I should've suspected!

And what dispute are you referring to, william?
Budget that client want to reduce the cost. Also, city council also concern about the height, they think the floor area ratio bonus is designed to desire to make more money for developers rather than for city development.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Budget that client want to reduce the cost. Also, city council also concern about the height, they think the floor area ratio bonus is designed to desire to make more money for developers rather than for city development.
sigh. typical taiwanese. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Yoh! Talking about negative comments... hmmm... XD

I think the floor area ratio is just right. Reducing cost is very typical Taiwanese! hahaha! O well..

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
In fact, I am not sure why they change some details of the original design. I guess from the information I get. But the council concern is obvious. They were caught by media and made a news for it.

This buidling itself cost about 500 million US dollars and will takes three and half years to complete. The whole project cost 700 million US dollars include purchase 2.5 hectare land site.
The project contains:
Luxury Hotel
Service Apartment
International Conference Centre
Open Park Space

This project can be back to 1990s which same client fail to complete the project in that time. Previously, the project is design to be twin tower with 175m high.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
wow taipei 101 cost more to build than burj khalifa. and it's a third shorter in height!!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I am actually not surprised that 101 is more expensive. Labour is more expensive in Taiwan, and like jjl said, the architectural design has to take many other things into consideration!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I am actually not surprised that 101 is more expensive. Labour is more expensive in Taiwan, and like jjl said, the architectural design has to take many other things into consideration!
I would have to agree with you on this one.

For the Nakheel Tower/Burj Dubai/Burj Khalifa, more than 90% of construction workers are South Asian (from places like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc.)

At one point, there were even labor disputes during construction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burj_Khalifa#Labour_Controversy_.28Worker_Protest.2C_2006.29

But I won't raise that issue (as it belongs to another area at another time).

-----
Anyways, it looks modern

Btw, where is this located exactly? and when is completion time?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
so are they actually building this yihwa complex and at it's present height of 42 floors?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
so are they actually building this yihwa complex and at it's present height of 42 floors?
why cant the taipei city planners just do their job and designate certain areas for high-rise development like xinyi?? this would be perfect for xinyi area.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts