SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Banned
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opening in October. Almost there!!! Everything is just awesome - train design, colors, station designs, tracks, bridges, tunnels, and landscapes.

·
Registered
131 Posts
:eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Well done! Excellent pics! Thank you very much.I can't wait for the opening!!! Only 4 months to go!

·
Don Pedro-Lorenzo
917 Posts
thyrdrail said:
hey! i know very well this road in the picture, it must be liu fu road in nankan area, taoyuan, since i 'd spent a part of my childhood in this area. my family's old little factory was not far from there. when i were child, there were not so many buildings but a lots of rice fields and there was a bamboo wood down below on the right of the pic, near to the wood there were an old minnan style farm and a little dark land god(tu di kong)'s temple which always made me fear..hehe only good memories...nowadays, all those things have disappeared forever :sleepy: ...

anyhow,thank for posting these pics!!! they are gorgeous! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
FINALLY!

Hey wonderful job Thydrail! May I ask how did you manage to find all these good pics? Anyone else notice the pics that show the new stations - the aerial views show all the large roads they already have built around them to plan for future growth I assume - anyone else have ideas?

·
Banned
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IDigFla85 said:
Hey wonderful job Thydrail! May I ask how did you manage to find all these good pics? Anyone else notice the pics that show the new stations - the aerial views show all the large roads they already have built around them to plan for future growth I assume - anyone else have ideas?
i got them from a site someone posted in skyscraperpage.com.

hey pierre-laurent, are u taiwanese?

·
Don Pedro-Lorenzo
917 Posts
thyrdrail said:
i got them from a site someone posted in skyscraperpage.com.

hey pierre-laurent, are u taiwanese?
ah! my true identity is discovered! m)) i'm taipeite and you?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
ignoramus, u went to taiwan?

i'm thinking of putting a taiwan trip around the 10th so that i can take the shinkansen...

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Yes I went to Taiwan, twice. Around the 10th of what??? The ''Shinkansen'' isn't open yet. But there's an extensive railway network in Taiwan though, great views.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow, impressive ... i will be on 7th october in taipeh for 8-10 hours, ... is it possible to see the train? Is a station on taipeh airport? or any close to taipeh?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
ignoramus said:
Yes I went to Taiwan, twice. Around the 10th of what??? The ''Shinkansen'' isn't open yet. But there's an extensive railway network in Taiwan though, great views.
10th of october... :banana:

·
Registered
86 Posts
zerg, you seem to know a considerable amount of info regarding trains - any speculation on why all the extra roads were built around all the new stations?

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Cool shots , very impressive !

·
Banned
261 Posts
Nice. The trains are build in Japan i guess, or?
How fast in Km/h will the trains go?

·
38,002 Posts
Fascinating Transportation facility!!!

Two thumbs up!!! :eek:kay:

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
Comanche said:
Nice. The trains are build in Japan i guess, or?
How fast in Km/h will the trains go?
Yes the trains are built in Japan. Currently only a handful of countries manufacture high-speed trains.

Here is a link to Taiwan's official high speed train website which states various facts about the trains and the system.

http://www.thsrc.com.tw/en/train/spec.asp

The TOP operation speed is 300 km/hr, but I'm assuming it may not reach that speed sometimes if the stations are too close.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts