6.4 km
2 stations
http://www.erieb.gov.tw/eg5e.htm

Keelung (Construction)
Shenao Line (Marine Museum), 2011
5 km
2 stations

Taoyuan MRT (Construction)
Taipei/Taoyuan Airport Express, 2014 (Construction)
51 km
21 stations

Rolling Stock: Kawasaki

http://www.mrt.tpc.gov.tw/web66/_file/1680/upload/9537/map1b.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taipei MRT Projects

Light Metro (Construction)

Rolling Stock: Bombardier

Brown Line - Neihu Extension, 2010
14.8 km
12 stations

Orbital Line, 2014 (Planning)
15.4 km
14 stations
http://www.mrt.tpc.gov.tw

Heavy Metro (Construction)

Rolling Stock: Kawasaki

Orange Line, 2013
19.7 km
16 stations

Orange Line - Luzhou Extension, 2010
6.4 km
5 stations

Green Line - Songshan Extension, 2012
8.5 km
8 stations

Blue Line - Nangang Extension, 2008
2.5 km
2 stations

Blue Line - Dingpu Extension, 2013
2 km
1 station

Red Line - Xinyi Extension, 2012
6.4 km
5 stations
TRA Western Line Reconstruction (Construction)

Kaohsiung Underground Railway Project, 2016
9.75 km rail tunnel

Taichung Elevated Railway Project, 2015
21.19 km viaduct

TRA Eastern Line Reconstruction (Construction)

Hualien - Taidong Electrification and Double-Track, 2015
155 km

INFO GATHERED BY COYETT ON SSP.
This thread can also be found under the transportation section of SSP.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some pictures of the very recently opened Nangang station, taken December 27.

The new station includes a significant amount of public art compared to existing metro stations.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Including THSR, TRA, Taipei MRT & Other Routes...
(Click on thumbnails to see full size maps)

Traditional Chinese Edition:

English (Hanyu Pinyin) Edition:

English (Wade-Giles) Edition:

·
中華民國
2,803 Posts
When will the airport line open? I plan on going back to Taiwan again in Jan 2010. I'm hoping it will be open by then :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the estimated travel time for the airport express?
I am not quite sure but the total length of the line is 51.03 KM and it has 22 stations in total.

It's a long long ride.....

(I guess some people would take the HSR instead.)

·
中華民國
2,803 Posts
I am not quite sure but the total length of the line is 51.03 KM and it has 22 stations in total.

How close is the Taoyuan HSR station to the airport? I tried to look online but couldn't find an exact location.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How close is the Taoyuan HSR station to the airport? I tried to look online but couldn't find an exact location.
Didn't find an exact time but I think it would take no more than 10 mins.
Anyways, I found this batch of information:

Taoyuan THSR station (not in Taoyuan City) is about 10 km away from the Taoyuan international airport. United buses (service #705) serving this route take about 15-20 mins travelling time. The bus frequency is regular. Pay NT$20 in coins as you board the bus. Here’s the United Bus link:

www.ubus.com.tw/onlineservice/LINEserach.asp

Select 高鐵桃園站-桃園機場 in the search box. The bus schedules and bus fare are listed.

Besides United buses, there are Taoyuan buses linking Taoyuan Airport to Chungli via HSR Taoyuan Station. However, the bus frequency is irregular with only 6 trips per day as listed. Pay NT$36 in coins as you board the bus. Here’s the Taoyuan Bus link:

http://www.tybus.com.tw

The HSR fare from Taoyuan to Taipei is NT$160 HSR train frequency is not considered regular. Here’s the THSR link: http://www.thsrc.com.tw

The MRT train fare from Taipei Main Station to Ximen Station is NT$20. MRT train frequency is regular. Here’s the MRT link: http://www.trtc.com.tw

Considering the transfer and waiting times from bus to HSR to MRT for the various modes of transport, the total travelling time would probably be more than the time taken by the direct Freego bus to TS Hotel. The total fare adds up to NT$200 and is higher than Freego's bus fare.

It often takes up to an hour or more from Taoyuan Airport to downtown Taipei, depending on the traffic conditions. So 40 mins is considered fast.

Lucky that you will be visting Taiwan again soon. Are you also Taiwanese living aboard?

·
中華民國
2,803 Posts
Thanks for all the information!

Yes I was born in Taiwan but have lived in the U.S. most of my life.

The last time I went back to Taiwan was in 1/2008. I've been missing it ever since I got back.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ Cool. Same story here....lived in Vancouver for most of my life.

The Neihu Extension would be completed before your visit..you will definitely have to ride it :)

I am loving all those new cars.

·
Registered
292 Posts

35 mins from airport to Taipei.

The airport line has a website http://220.128.208.14/MRT/default.aspx

Also, there are plans to extend the line to TRA Zhongli station. See below

機場捷運延伸中壢 2公里130億

交通部長毛治國日前才說,運量不足蓋捷運會是災難,交通部高速鐵路局卻規畫,打算把機場捷運延伸至中壢火車站。短短兩公里延伸線,初步估計要花130億元,平均一公里造價要65億元。

根據高鐵局初步規畫,桃園機場捷運延伸到中壢火車站,全線都採地下化。未來如果行政院核定興建,並順利通過環評,預計要到民國106年底才會通車,比機場捷運全線通車時程整整晚三年。

全長2.04公里的機場捷運延伸線,起點是桃園機場捷運環北站,再沿著中壢市的中豐路,往南到中央西路路口附近,設A22(永興公園)站,再從中山路附近穿越民宅到中正路,在目前的台鐵中壢火車站下方,設置A23(中壢)站。

由於機場捷運延伸到中壢火車站,會經過中壢市鬧區,未來如果政策決定要興建,勢必要辦理土地徵收。為了解當地民眾的意願,高鐵局5月12日將在中壢市召開公聽會,徵詢當地民眾的想法。

高鐵局內部評估,機場捷運延伸到中壢火車站,將有助於提高機場捷運的運能。因為未來中南部民眾要出國,可以搭火車到中壢,再轉乘捷運到桃園機場。至於運量可以提伸多少、延伸到中壢火車站後每天可能增多少旅運人次,高鐵局官員表示:「還在評估中」。

高鐵局官員表示,機場捷運延伸到中壢火車站,因為是採地下化興建,施工時間會比高架路段多一到兩年,每一公里的工程經費也比高架路段高。

高鐵局內部初步估算,機場捷運延伸線,兩公里大約要130 億元。但官員強調,未來路線經過的住戶,可以採用設定地上權或辦理徵收,實際的經費還會變動。

高鐵局預計,6月底完成綜合規畫,再報行政院核定。如果行政院支持興建,預計兩年後發包施工,民國106年底通車營運。

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Chungli is so far away from Taipei, I'd rather take the train, MRT would take forever. Is the company that runs MRT in Taipei still going to run the Taoyuan branch, even after it runs all the way to Chungli? Seems a bit far from their original area of responsibility.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Chungli is so far away from Taipei, I'd rather take the train, MRT would take forever. Is the company that runs MRT in Taipei still going to run the Taoyuan branch, even after it runs all the way to Chungli? Seems a bit far from their original area of responsibility.
Operating rights still undecided although it is said that the central govt preferrs TRA. Regardless, the ticketing and fares will be integrated with Taipei MRT. This is going to be one lucrative line serving Taipei county, Taoyuan county, Chunli as well as the airport and THSR.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Operating rights still undecided although it is said that the central govt preferrs TRA. Regardless, the ticketing and fares will be integrated with Taipei MRT. This is going to be one lucrative line serving Taipei county, Taoyuan county, Chunli as well as the airport and THSR.
I think Asian cities like Taipei are going overboard with the MRT system. However, I am not personally against their idea of expanding it to all parts of Taoyuan county. In my opinon, they should focus on local transportation networks first, then connecting the systems together. I wouldn't be too suprised when the whole MRT system is connected all the way to Taichung :banana:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^ Sweet pics, it does remind me a little bit of skytrain.

I like the smoke effects, it should do that while pulling out of stations!

Indeed, I really like the cars from Bombardier. Just look at the exterior finishing...stunning!!

(hate the exterior of our Canada Line cars... )

·
Registered
292 Posts
Taichung long term planning

The green line is due to start construction later this year.
The red line is the existing TRA line. At grade separation and additional 4 stations will be added. Preliminary works already started.

Source: Taipei Department of Rapid Transport (DORTS)

1 - 20 of 1134 Posts