SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Concepcion Chile
171 Posts
TALCA ESTA UBICADA EN EL CENTRO DE CHILE, EN EL VALLE CENTRAL, ZONA AGRICOLA POR EXCELENCIA, POSEE UNA DE LAS MAS GRANDES PLANTACIONES VITIVINICOLAS DE CHILE.

·
Registered
799 Posts
How could a Chilean city look anything BUT European? Were you expecting African or Asian architecture? Sorry to disappoint you but the Indians that lived in Chile when the Spanish came did not have long lasting architecture. They were warriors and they lost the war, so they are now in utter decadence.

It is CHILEAN, thoroughly Chilean, and it looks Chilean, with the typical checker board mapping of all Chilean cities, with a central Plaza de Armas with the public buildings, cathedrals, banks, shops, and theater of all other Chilean cities.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Muy linda!!! Queda al sur de Santiago?
Es impresionante como las ciudades argentinas y chilenas se parecen!!!

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
Muy guapa la ciudad....tiene un feeling único!! :eek:kay:

·
Banned
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fcarvall said:
It is CHILEAN, thoroughly Chilean, and it looks Chilean, with the typical checker board mapping of all Chilean cities, with a central Plaza de Armas with the public buildings, cathedrals, banks, shops, and theater of all other Chilean cities.
:weird: Eso lo tienen todas las ciudades del mundo...no es tipico de Chile...

·
→
3,422 Posts
does it snow there? i always ask this question when talking about chilean and argentinian cities coz i love cold places and snow..

·
:D
2,037 Posts
Chile tiene unas ciudades impresionantes! Que pais tan pujante y con ciudades tan lindas! Los felicito a los pobladores de Talca por una ciudad tan hermosa...y con solo 200,000. wow.

·
Banned
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
shosho said:
does it snow there? i always ask this question when talking about chilean and argentinian cities coz i love cold places and snow..
No mate, I don't think in Talca snows...not sure 'cos I've never been there, but it's got mediterranean weather...(this city is in the center of Chile)

Well if you love cold cities where snows...you should check this thread (my city, in the ass of the world) :eek:kay:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=172694

·
→
3,422 Posts
Magallanes, you live in Punta Arenas? haha I always knew about your city.. looks like a great place! :) Snowing cities I really wanna go: Punta Arenas, Ushuaia, Bariloche, Portillo, San Martin de los Andes.. i've heard that small Frutillo has a quite european 'air' either, rite? tho i dont know if it snows there.. if you want to say more 'snow' cities in chile, i'd be interested..

·
Registered
799 Posts
Magallanes said:
:weird: Eso lo tienen todas las ciudades del mundo...no es tipico de Chile...
en EEUU eso no existe. NO existe el concepto de plaza como lugar comun de reunion. Talvez parque, pero normalmente no son integrados a la ciudades, sino anexados, viviendo uno al lado del otro.

·
Registered
799 Posts
so obsessed with snow. You probably live somewhere where it doesn't snow. Brazilians are typically obsessed with friozinho: Campos do Jordao, Petropolis, etc. When it snows in Canela it makes national news.

You should really spend a cold dark winter in a place where it snows, after 5 years, you will cry for warmth and sun and a beach and never again will you want to see snow ever in your whole life.

·
→
3,422 Posts
fcarvall, lol.. that might be true. But after living decades in a city where temperature is always above 20 C, you get pissed with hot weather.

And there is no need to exagerate about 'cold dark winter place' dude. :) As you said, we just like the 'friozinho'. btw, it snows in Sao Joaquim and Urubici very much every year.

·
Mieko
11,034 Posts
Bonita ciudad, bastante orden.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts