SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've read on Emporis.com the Bank of America Building in Jax is the
tallest between Miami and Atlanta at 188m (617ft).

Are there any proposed buildings in Tampa or Ft. Lauderdale to exceed this
height? Tampa does, however, have a higher quantity and higher average
height than Jax.

If Tampa has anything proposed or under construction I hope that Jax steps
up to the plate and builds taller.

·
Senior Button Pusher
18,104 Posts
This is news?

And I guess New Orleans and Mobile, Al don't count, because New Orleans is taller than Jax, and Mobile will soon be taller than NO, JAX and Miami.

And btw, there are two buildings proposed for Tampa taller than Jax's tallest, but Jax also has a proposal (which is being redesigned), which should feature a new tallest for Jax, but it won't be taller than Miami's or Mobile's tallest.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
i think rsa is only 750ft so it wont be taller than miami

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
And the tallest building between 45the and 46th street in John Arthur's house, if you don't count the old tv antenna he no longer uses - which I guess makes it qualify as part of building because it is no longer something useful . . .

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
MIAballinboi said:
fellow miamians, this is very very sadd, mobie alabama will have a taller building than miami, because it has a spire, to take it over 800 feet,

:sleepy:

unless i missed something im sure that the rsa building in mobile is going to be 655ft to roof,and 750ft to spire .and unless i'm mistaken fourseasons is 789ft

meaning that we still hold the 9th tallest building in the south

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
YOUR RIGHT Uptown-Midtown :) , What the hell is this !!!, I just get back from a day off , and someone's talking about a tower Smaller than the FOUR SEASON's Mixed Office and Hotel-Condo Tower at 69 floors at 789 Feet, NOW Who's Got the Tallest ???
We even have the MET 3 going up at 866 Feet or More, so why is someone talking about a Tower taller than Miami, when here's the Proof :cheers:
Now, Tell the Truth,!!!!, Who has the Tallest Tower, NOW in the Plans and ALREADY BUILT :cheers:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:tiasd:

Man, you Miamians are very sensitive when it comes to having the tallest
tower int he south (well at least Florida).

Let me rephrase my initial statement. The BOA tower in Jax is taller than any
completed building in any Florida city except Miami. :rock: I was just
browsing Emporis.com and ran across that little tidbit. I'm not trying to step
on anyones toes.

Just curious, what does Tampa have planned or under construction that is
taller?

·
Senior Button Pusher
18,104 Posts
We also have the nasty PInnacle observation deck going up at 624ft. Developer claims construction will start this fall.

There is also the Hillsborough River Tower plan, which has long supposed to have been around 650ft. Who knows if that site will ever be developed, and what will actually get built though.

btw, that Tampa Teleconvergence Center, in my best guess will be 45 stories and around 550ft. There are conflicting reports bewteen the St Pete Times and Tampa Tribune on the scale of the building, so nobody really knows at this moment.

·
Senior Button Pusher
18,104 Posts
jzquince69 said:
they need to build that Hillsborough River Tower by Caesar Pelli. That would add clout to the skyline more than the Four Seasons or the Trump bldg-- as far as design is concerned.

It's not by Pelli. It's a lookalike by some no-name architect. It's a totally shit design, which would feature no retail, and would front Kennedy blvd (right across from the lovely UT) with like a 7 story parking garage.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
IF I am not mistaken, it is by "Pelli" - that meaning his office and has his name attached to it. no idea if he drew even one line of the plan - and it has the trademark Pelli lack of urban amenities in it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.