SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 370 Posts

·
Construction surveyor
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ülemiste City represents Scandinavia’s most modern seat of innovation, marked out by how people-centred, energy-aware and environmentally-friendly it is and by its inspired approach to the creation of a contemporary working environment.

Construction of a 10-storey office building at the intersection of Suur-Sõjamäe Road and Lõõtsa Street will begin in summer 2006 and is due to end by June 2007. Ülemiste City’s first new innovative office and business complex will be completed in late autumn 2006.
The building, designed by Agabus, Endjärv & Truverk, will feature ten storeys and comprise two adjacent towers, each with 10,000 m2 of floor space. This modern construction will be located on Suur-Sõjamäe Road, with amazing views from its upper floors opening out over Tallinn.
Primarily constructed from concrete and large glass surfaces, the building will be especially light, and the 1000 m2 of space on each floor of both buildings will be divided into suitable office space that can quickly and easily be made larger or smaller for rental clients. In addition to the state-of-the-art technical solutions being implemented in the building (security, communications, climate and ventilation systems), it will also feature a level parking area nearby, and there are plans to include a catering establishment and health centre on the first floor.

·
always on
4,758 Posts
cool, atm i work on the opposite side of the railway and a bit towards Lasnamäe, also on a construction site, although not as grand as this one. One of my classmates is working at this project at the moment :)

·
The Big Cheese
1,722 Posts
Looks cool, but...

Ülemiste City represents Scandinavia’s most modern seat of innovation, marked out by how people-centred, energy-aware and environmentally-friendly it is and by its inspired approach to the creation of a contemporary working environment.
:lol: ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, Ringil & Mickey. Yesterday SEB (Swedish bank branch in Estonia) analyst Hardo Pajula said in an interview, that in economic sense, Tallinn is just a district of Helsinki that is separated from the other districts by a very wide river. And that other parts of Estonia are a vegetable garden for Tallinn. So, Scandinavia here we come!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Enoch Root said:
Well, Ringil & Mickey. Yesterday SEB (Swedish bank branch in Estonia) analyst Hardo Pajula said in an interview, that in economic sense, Tallinn is just a district of Helsinki that is separated from the other districts by a very wide river. And that other parts of Estonia are a vegetable garden for Tallinn. So, Scandinavia here we come!
“Indeed, I see the Baltic Sea region as one of the most important zones of growth in the coming decade. The Baltic Sea region contains a diverse industrial structure, access to raw materials and a highly qualified work force. We must do our best to create the right kind of framework to realise the growth potential of the region. Co-operation between us will play an important role in this.”
quote Mr. Uffe Ellemann Jensen

http://www.vm.ee/eng/kat_140/1421.html

·
The Big Cheese
1,722 Posts
Enoch Root said:
Well that would be the Nordics and not Scandinavia which is a totally other thing on the other side of the lake ;) :cheers:

·
7,924 Posts
I feel like grave robbing,when I'm resurrecting this 5 year old thread,but it's either that or creating a new thread (a waste of space,imo)

So. Fast forward,5 years have passed since Ülemiste City construction started. It's far from being completed now,but progress has been amazing.

First,few old renders Ustus Aguri Maja (completed in 2009),a 10-storey office building.

And this is how it looks like in real life:

·

409 Posts
This may show their idiotic inside "women in sauna told so" kind of thing, or their own Scheme Sigma or whaaääevääaa.. lol ..will I be in a blacklist now?
NB! There is only 1 (sic!) SEB office in Finland, a business-oriented one, located at Unioninkatu street in very central Helsinki. There are no ATMs of this bank of course. The only thing they told me, as a citizen from street: "Sorry, we cannot help you - we cannot see your information over here."
Yeah - very promising.

·
7,924 Posts

Ülemiste City plans to start major expansion. In addition to sporting complex & clinic construction at Valukoja 4c,constructions of 10-storey office building & parking house will start in September.

Sporting centre will be located on old factory hall,seen on left side of this photo:
Located on Lõõtsa 8,office building will form cluster of three towers. First one being Ustus Aguri building,which is already completed. Construction of third tower will start after second one is completed.

Tramline connection is also considered as priority and is planned by 2018 on Downtown-Ülemiste City-Tallinn Airport.

·
7,924 Posts
Hmm,looks like this previously posted render of three new towers was old one and Ülemiste City has reworked their plans. So right now there would be three new 10-storey towers in addition to Ustus Aguri building.

Source: http://networkedblogs.com/kfmVG

Towers are designed by Larkas & Laine OY (Finland) & EA Reng AS (Estonia)

I hope that last two renders are 'work in progress'-renders and don't show real cladding :bash:

1 - 20 of 370 Posts