SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
User
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ll post some Tallinn pictures to here which I made today. I photographed in city part Haabersti what consists of commieblock district, private house districts and a lot of new development but I photographed mostly commieblocks. Mustamäe consists mostly of commieblocks. My route was very confusing so I won`t post it here. I made some pics yesterday, you`ll see difference.
Nature

New development
There were about 6 such buildings

Two towers

Colour of this building is a little bit ugly.

Commieblocks

Mustamäe commieblocks

·
in action
3,269 Posts
Heh, thanks. It's a rare case when we see a different side of Tallinn and you was the one who likes to do such tours. Way to go :eek:kay:

Btw, what happened to the exposure of your camera? It's way too high

·
User
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for comments.
@Mantaz: I dunno, I have just photographed and haven`t changed exposure of camera, IMO it was 0. Also I messed up accidentally sizes of some pics.
@Estboy: I agree somehow- in Õismäe buildings are placed interestingly, but in Mustamäe many buildings are renovated partially.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/SanderZro/Haabersti/15.jpg
@Edd, Blimey: Thanks. Yeah, Tallinn border areas and suburbs are developing quickly and those commieblock areas are quite neat already.
@ch1le: Colour of Nautilus looks like mix of green and blue, it looks strange.

·
Banned
16,065 Posts
Thank you, sander! :) Way to go! :eek:kay:

Yes, it's nice to see some "normal" Tallinn photos, although ch1le has shown us some as well. Here we have an interesting variety of commieblocks: some are new, some are old, and I guess some of them have been refurbished while others have not.

But I must ask my well known question again: what happened to buildings having articulated ROOFS? :bash: I hate flat-tops! :rant: They look as though the building had been chopped off just beneath the eyebrows. :(

P.S. Lovely that you have some nice stretches of nature close by! :cool:

·
mostly at Talo and SSP
832 Posts
Very nice, we haven't seen enough of this normal everyday side of Tallinn! :) Those red commieblocks are from late 1980s / early 1990s, aren't they?

·
3:36
3,253 Posts
Alfa said:
The first 9 pictures looked good but then I only saw commieblocks.It's obviously the soviet-union didn't do good things with Estonia.
yea it ALMOST ****ed our beautiful country up :D but now we're good! :)

sander, thanks very much for the tour! there were many unseen places even for me...

question: where is nautilus situated??

wh - i totally agree with you, flat-tops are boring... but don't you agree that it would also be boring if all buildings had ^ (articulated??) roofs :D
fortunately not all constructions have flats... :)

·
User
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@Artis: there was even article about that new apartment buildings` appearance gets more playful...

@WH: actually in this district there can be found also articulated roofs on buildings and it`s very nice city part, because there are a lot of development and private houses. It`s just harder to photograph private house districts.
@Oberleutnant: Your partially right, but there are also red commies built in 70`s and early 80`s.
@Jarmo and Northstar: thanks!

·
Banned
16,065 Posts
Again: thank you, sander! :) You show two charming, quite different buildings there. Also, I'm glad there is so much interesting stuff going on in your neighborhood! :eek:kay:

@ch1le: thanks for the link to the museum ... looks interesting! :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.