SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
I think I've seen quite a while ago, somebody has already posted it here (or was it just a similar video?). ;)
It's quite nicely made a s a video from a technical point of view but it lacks some central idea what doesn't make the viewer so attracted to it. But it's still ok. :)

·
always on
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh, sorry if it has been here already... well. bet new members havent seen it ;)

I agree with the central idea...
I love the music ;)

·
mostly at Talo and SSP
595 Posts
It contained all the usual cliches of tourism videos, which really bug me a lot. It was somewhat easy to predict that we were going to see the old part (Old Town), which would be followed with a showcase of the few high-rises in the commercial district.

Please, people-that-make-these-things, I don't want to see the following things anymore in your videos:

- nightclub scenes (uuuh, geez, your city has disco where people dance! Wow! That's like so unique! Respect . . . NOT)
- children, the biggest cliche ever in these ad films
- horrible music (this Tallinn clip had better than average music, though)

As John said, this was technically very good work. Good camera angles, movement, good use of effects and so on. All in all, nothing spectacular, but ok.

·
Janis_LV
387 Posts
Things they are telling in these clips are really not original and when I watched it, I also knew what they are gonna show. But the way they are showing it is original it is already art. And the scope has been reached - it makes really good impression. I think Riga have to make a promotional video too. Until now haven't seen any.

·
always on
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well people tend to advertise their most precious thing... in Tallinns case its the Old town... and to show that we are not in the 15th century they present some highrises ;) its cliche... but its a must ;) we cant show a commie district now cant we ;)

grr ol... i loved the music ;)

·
User
719 Posts
Yeah... it was cool video. But imo too much old town was showed. In the future also nice wooden building districts should be included to video. When they look already nice and renovated.

·
Registered
486 Posts
It's good video. It's ordinary tourism video, but still technically it's a very good video.

·
always on
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to agree with you Jarmo. the mime was the silliest thing i saw in the video...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts