SkyscraperCity Forum banner

TALLINN | Renovation Projects | Renoveerimisprojektid

359K views 919 replies 113 participants last post by  Tin_Can 
#1 ·
Thread for renovation & refurbishment projects of both historic & modern buildings in Tallinn.

Tallinna Transpordikooli ühiselamu / Tallinn Transportation School's dormitory.
This building is located at Tulika 37,Kristiine. Renovation is almost complete. Pretty good example of how ugly shack (I'll try to find some photo of how it looked before ;)) is turned into a nice looking building.

See less See more
#4 ·
^^
Sellest oli kusagil uudistes suvel juttu. Põhimõtteliselt vahetatakse kõik (plast? :D) aknad välja uute vastu ja tehakse muid renoveerimistöid.
Ma ei ole kindel,kas Välisministeerium on mingit pidi kaitse alla võetud :shifty:,aga hoone üldmulje jääb samaks ja väidetavalt seda ei tohi muuta.

There's a pretty nice recently refurbished apartment building in Kassisaba,Adamsoni tn. 32. (well,technically speaking,this is actually right next to Tehnika street). Building dates back to 1932 :)

And it's website: http://www.endover.ee/adamsoni/

#14 ·
Don't worry, the same thing happens on the rendered insulation systems on new buildings too.

Because of the increasing thickness of insulation, the exterior surface of the wall is not so warm anymore and stays moist for longer periods. This in turn is a suitable habitat for algae and leads to staining of the facade.
The problem has been studied quite thoroughly in Central Europe and special paints and renders have been developed. However, some of them, containing biocides, have been suspected to eventually reach and pollute the surface water.

#13 ·
Atleast it's in Lasnamäe and locals probably don't give a f**k about it :D
Where the f**k did you get the impression that all people who live in Lasnamäe don't care about their surroundings? Not everyone hates to live here and even those who do, but just can't afford to buy a house in Pirita or Nõmme aren't completely ignorant by default. Even the old Russian people, who don't speak Estonian and aren't interested in integration, care about the house they live in. Even the late-working people with two jobs who still get minimum wage, CARE about their surroundings. And those who don't, surely don't make up the majority of people who live here. When the renovation company does a crappy job, we try to argue with them, but when their job quality sucks, so does their customer care.

So, I'm sorry for the offtopic and that I got defensive, but I feel that it's really not an opinion that can be generalized.

#17 · (Edited)
^^ This type of building is indeed very stylish, yet the construction quality leaves much to be desired. For example, on some of these buildings they've had to reinforce the corners of the building with steel bars to prevent the prevent the building from "sinking" outwards. So I guess some kind of renovation is pretty much necessary. Fortunately they've gone with white plaster which even looks a bit neo-funk-ish so I wouldn't be too disappointed to see this building renovated. :)

BTW, one of my friends lives quite near in the same type of building. The design is actually very clever. You have access to the building's ground floor from both sides, there are no stairs etc so it's easily accessible. There is space for bicycle racks on the ground floor where you also enter the elevator and the elevator itself stops at the selected floor itself not between the floors like in some 9-storey commieblocks.

#23 ·
hea värv vähemalt, loodetavasti ei maalita mingeid kuubikuid kuskile otsaseinale :D
lähemalt pole pilti, kui paks soojustus pandi? kaugelt vaadates tundub üsna kena ja õhuke, mitte siuke poolemeetrine mis aknad ebardlikult fasaadisügavustesse jätab.

tartu omad on jah kõik sellised (va need üksikud mis on samad nagu tallinna omad)

#26 ·
Kas sellel majal on tõepoolest aknad tõstetud? Need ei paista kuigi sügaval olevat küll, aga tundub uskumatu, et nii suurel majal on kogu elanikkond nõnda mahukates töödes kokkuleppe saavutanud. Iseenesest muidugi positiivne, sest neid maju millele sügavad aknapaled sobivad on vähe. Ehkki neid on. Enamasti küll eramud.
Kunagi lugesin selle sama maja kohta, et vahetatakse lausa kõik aknad välja, aga see tundus veel uskumatuna:) Minu meelest väga viis on ka asjaolu, et aknad on mustad. Valge plastikaken suurel krohvpinnal nii kena ei mõju imo.
Muidu suht ok näide heast renoveerimisest on veel selle sama maja lähedal Mustamäe teed pidi TTÜ poole paremat kätt. Klaasrõdudega maja. Neid häid näiteid on, aga väga palju on ka selliseid, et tekkib küsimus "oli seda nüüd tarvis":) Lihtne paneelmaja, ilma kinni ehitatud rõdudeta võib ka olla ilus kui ümber on kenasti hoolitsetud haljastus. Soojateema on iseasi:)

#169 ·
Huvitav,et Dzingel hotellile Männikul on ka ümberehitusplaanid tehtud.
Võrreldes hetkeolukorraga oleks päris tohutu edasiminek :D
This one is funny because once I checked their web page, did it again right now, and they just don't show how the building looks like from outside, there are only views from inside. Guess why... :)

#28 ·
I let my mother stay there "by accident" on one of her first holidays here. Big mistake :d. First she got a key to some uncleaned room which was clearly for workers or something. The room she then got was OK, but there was loud noise throughout day and night and breakfast was not good.

I had good intentions though; price was very low, neighborhood green, views from top floors quite nice...

I doubt it will be better after the make-over though... Unless they change personnel and business model as well...

#29 ·
Veel üks viimase aja hea renoveerimise näide asub Faehlmanni 7. Seal lisab asjale jumet, et renoveerimise käigus säilitati kõik hoonele algselt omased olnud arhitektuursed detailid. Hoone punasest tellisest otsasein kaeti küll petekaga kuid üldmulje mõjub hästi. See maja näitab hästi, et hea tahtmise korral on võimalik ka mõistlike kulutustega söödav tulemus saada.

Maja enne renoveerimist vaata siit: http://goo.gl/maps/T45SZ

...ja peale renoveerimist:

#31 ·
#34 ·
Kui eesmärk oleks ainult katus olnud, siis poleks vast fassaadi puudutud. Väga kole vaatepilt igatahes :censored:

Selle Tallinna Ülikooli vastas oleval majal on kile olnud ees niikaua kuni ma mäletan ja jääb arvatavasti aegade lõpuni välja :lol: