SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post any roadway closure notices for Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, and Hernando Counties here. This includes scheduled road closures due to ongoing construction projects and occasional maintenance work that results in road closures.

News articles (such as the one below) and road closure notices directly from the FDOT (and FLTurnpike), MyTBI, and MyUS19 websites can be posted here.

Do not post road closures due to accidents, etc UNLESS the closure persists beyond 24 hours (example: the recent ammonia leak that closed US 301 for several days - that type of incident may be posted).

More lane closures due to road construction
Friday, December 14, 2007

BAY AREA (Bay News 9) -- The Department of Transportation has announced several lane closures due to road construction projects taking place during the next week.

The projects are part of the DOT's five-year plan for roadwork in the Bay area.

The DOT has dozens of projects planned for Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Manatee and Polk counties during the next five years.

The state is budgeting billions of dollars to maintain and widen roads, add sidewalks and increase lighting.

The upcoming lanes closures include:

Hillsborough County

US 301 from Sligh Ave. to Harney Rd.
Widening - Intermittent lane closures Monday - Friday between 7:30 am - 4:30 pm

Dale Mabry (US 92) between Sevilla St. and Kennedy Blvd.
Concrete Resurfacing - Lane closures from Neptune St. to Inman Ave. Sunday - Thursday between 9:00 pm and 6:00 am

Hillsborough Ave. (US 92) between Nebraska Ave. and 50th St.
New Medians - Lane closures Sunday - Thursday between 8:00 pm and 6:30 am.

Fowler Ave. (SR 582) between 30th St. and Riverhills Dr.
Resurfacing - Lane closures Sunday - Friday between 7:00 pm and 7:00 am. Intermittent lane closures between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm

Nebraska Ave (US 41) between Kennedy Blvd. and Hillsborough Ave.
Resurfacing - 24 hour a day lane closures Sunday - Saturday from Kennedy Blvd. to Chelsea St.
Detour - Chelsea St. is closed at Nebraska and will remain so through the end of the week.
Detour signs are in place to assist motorists around the work zone.

Tampa St. (US 41B) between Violet St. and Henderson Ave
Resurfacing - Intermittent lane closures Monday - Friday between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm.

Tampa St. (US 41 B) between Scott St. and Harrison St.
Resurfacing - Intermittent lane closures Sunday - Thursday between 7:00 pm and 6:00 am.

Kennedy Blvd. (SR 60) between Ashley St. and Channelside Dr. and Jackson St. between Ashley St. and Brush St.
Resurfacing - Intermittent lane closures Sunday - Thursday between 8:00 pm and 6:00 am.

Pasco County

US 301 Bypass - Dade City
Resurfacing - Lane closures Sunday - Thursday between 9:30 pm and 5:00 am

Pinellas County

US 19 between 49th St. and 126th Ave.
Widening and New Interchanges - Lane closures Sunday - Saturday between 7:00 pm and 6:00 am

US 19 between NE Coachman Rd. and Sunset Point Rd.
Widening and New Interchanges - Lane closures Sunday - Thursday between 9:00 pm and 6:00 am
Intermittent lane closures Monday - Friday between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm

Missouri Ave (SR 651) between West Bay Dr. and Commerce Dr.
Drainage - Intermittent lane closures Sunday - Friday between 7:30 pm and 6:00 am

Roosevelt Blvd. (SR 686) from CR 611 to Ulmerton Rd.
Resurfacing - Lane closures Sunday - Friday between 8:00 pm and 6:00 am

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/...e=More+lane+closures+due+to+road+construction

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Armenia Avenue to be closed south of I-275 this weekend

12/14/2007 - Northbound I-275 from Himes Avenue to the Hillsborough River (new alignment)

TAMPA -- Armenia Avenue will be closed between Laurel Street and La Salle Street from 7 p.m. Friday (December 14) to 5:30 a.m. Monday (December 17).

DETOUR: Through-traffic on Armenia Avenue will be detoured west on Main Street, south on MacDill Avenue, then east on Cypress Street back to Armenia.

All interstate ramps at the Armenia/Howard avenues interchange will remain open. However, traffic will be very congested in the Howard/Armenia area at I-275. In order to avoid delays, motorists are advised to consider alternate routes.

http://www.mytbi.com/news/details.asp?newsid=2351

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skyway bridge and interstate lanes to close

Road crews on I-175 and I-275 also will post ramp detours.

By STEPHANIE GARRY, Times Staff Writer
Published January 13, 2008

Drivers can expect delays on Interstates 175 and 275 in Pinellas County and the Sunshine Skyway bridge in the next week as road crews close lanes and ramps at various times of the day and night.

The interstates and bridge will remain open during the work but with fewer lanes available.

Sunshine Skyway bridge:

One lane will close nightly on the main northbound stretch from 7:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. for bridge painting. It's unknown when the lane closures will end.

I-175:

Crews will close lanes in both directions between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. from Monday to Friday. Crews will rotate which entrance ramps will close.

I-275 in south Pinellas:

Some lanes and ramps northbound from 26th Avenue S to Fifth Avenue S will close nightly today through Thursday from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Lanes in both directions on the same stretch will close Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

I-275 near Gandy Boulevard:

Alternate entrance and exit ramps will close at night this week. Lanes will close on the interstate near Gandy today through Thursday from 9:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. During the same time, Gandy Boulevard will have some lane closures.

[Last modified January 12, 2008, 23:49:31]

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/13/Southpinellas/Skyway_bridge_and_int.shtml

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
50th St on-ramp to Crosstown to close for one month

50th Street On-Ramp Closure:

The 50th Street on-ramp to the Selmon Crosstown Expressway eastbound will be closed beginning January 28th for approximately one month. This work begins the second phase of the deck panel replacement project on the expressway.

Motorists wishing to head east may use the on-ramps at 39th Street or 78th Street to enter the Selmon Crosstown.

While traveling through the work zone, motorists are urged to use caution and obey the posted speed limit. Please be advised that unforeseen circumstances such as weather may affect the schedule.

The Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority expresses its appreciation for your patience and regrets any inconvenience to motorists.

For more information, call 813.272.6740 or email [email protected]

http://www.tampa-xway.com/50thStreetOnRamp.html

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Long-Term lane closure for I-275 North (btwn Armenia and Ashley)

I-275 - Northbound I-275 from Himes Avenue to the
Hillsborough River (new alignment)

Lane closures on northbound I-275 approaching downtown Tampa -- right
lane to be closed to end of year
TAMPA -- One to two lanes will be closed on northbound I-275 between
Armenia/Howard avenues (Exit 42) and Ashley Drive/Scott Street (Exit 44)
between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. Monday through Thursday (February 4-7)
nights. Crews will be installing barrier wall and realigning the entrance
ramp from Howard Avenue and the Exit 44 ramp. By Thursday morning, most
of the right lane running between Howard Avenue and Exit 44 will be
closed and will remain closed until the end of the year.

The closure of this lane will require that traffic entering from Howard
Street will have to merge into mainline northbound I-275 traffic
earlier than as current conditions allow. There will also be less of an
auxiliary lane approach to exit the interstate to downtown.

From http://www.mytbi.com

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Northbound ramp & Howard Avenue to be closed at I-275 this weekend

Northbound ramp & Howard Avenue to be closed at I-275 this weekend

5/7/2008 - Northbound I-275 from Himes Avenue to the Hillsborough River (new alignment)

TAMPA -- Howard Avenue will be closed from La Salle Street to Laurel Street from 7 p.m. Friday (May 9) to 4 a.m. Sunday (May 11) for crews to erect bridge beams over the roadway. The entrance ramp to northbound I-275 from Armenia/Howard avenues will also be closed during that time.

DETOURS: Traffic will be detoured west on Cypress Street, north on Dale Mabry Highway, then east on Columbus Drive back to Howard Avenue. Trucks will be directed to use Kennedy Boulevard instead of Cypress Street. Motorists entering northbound I-275 can use the Dale Mabry ramp.

http://www.mytbi.com/news/details.asp?newsid=2335

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
June 19, 2008 - Road Closures Update

Roads, lanes closed for construction

In print: Friday, June 20, 2008

1. Miller Road between Washington Road and Crosby Avenue, road closed through Tuesday to repair railroad crossing.

2. Meade Street between Mook and Victoria streets, road closed through Wednesday for railroad crossing repairs.

3. Mount Carmel Road between Front Street and State Road 60, road closed through Wednesday for railroad work.

4. Apollo Beach Boulevard from U.S. 41 to 500 feet west of Golf and Sea Boulevard, westbound lane closed through June 27 for median work.

5. Falkenburg Road between Causeway and Progress boulevards, lanes closed intermittently through June 27 for force main installation.

6. Limona Road between Victoria and Short streets, road closed through June 30 for railroad crossing repairs.

7. Causeway Boulevard between Interstate 75 and Providence Road, lane closures through July 1 for turn lane installation.

8. Riverview Drive from U.S. 301 to dead end, lane closed through July 25 to install fire hydrants.

9. Providence Road from Riverview Drive to Corlett Road, lanes closed through July 25 to install fire hydrants.

10. Hackney Drive from Bishop Frier Lane to Alafia Drive, lanes closed through July 25 to install fire hydrants.

11. Hanaway Drive from U.S. 301 to Neptune Way, lanes closed through July 25 to install fire hydrants.

12. Clay Avenue from Oakwood Avenue to Seffner Valrico Road, road closed through July 31 for water main installation.

13. Golf and Sea Boulevard from Island Cay Way to Apollo Beach Boulevard, lanes closed through Aug. 8 for installation of water mains.

14. Seffner Valrico Road from Clark Avenue to Wheeler Road, lanes closed through Oct. 31 for water main installation.

[Last modified: Jun 19, 2008 04:30 AM]

http://www.tampabay.com/news/transportation/roads/article631356.ece

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Upcoming road closures as of 8/10/2008

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY (Bay News 9)-- State Road 60/Memorial Highway may be completely closed eastbound and/or westbound near the Spruce Street and Tampa International Airport interchange in the coming 10 days.

The closures may take place 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 11 and Monday, Oct. 13 through Sunday, Oct. 19.

All traffic will be directed off at the Spruce Street/TIA exit.

Traffic can continue east on Spruce Street to Westshore Boulevard, then south on Westshore Boulevard to Cypress Street, northbound I-275, or Kennedy Boulevard.

To access southbound I-275, continue south on Westshore Boulevard, then turn right onto Kennedy Boulevard, continue west and use the entrance ramp on the west side of Westshore Plaza.

Northbound I-275 traffic will be directed off at exit 39A, which is Kennedy Boulevard. Southbound I-275 traffic will be directed to Exit 40A.

All traffic will be directed north on Westshore Boulevard, then west on Spruce Street to westbound State Road 60 or Tampa International Airport.

Watch closely for lighted message signs on I-275 and State Road 60 that will state which directions are closed and guide you to the detour routes.
TIA exit road may be closed very early mornings

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--Southbound George Bean Parkway (outbound roadway from Tampa International Airport) may be closed between 12:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 11 and Monday through Sunday mornings on Oct. 13 through 19.

Traffic will be routed to the service roads, then out to Spruce Street at the O'Brien Street intersection. Traffic will then be routed to I-275 or State Road 60 using local roads including Spruce Street, O'Brien Street, Cypress Street, and Westshore Boulevard, depending on where motorists are traveling.

See myTBI.com for more specific detour route information.
Eastbound SR 60 exit to Spruce Street / TIA closed early mornings

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--The eastbound State Road 60/Memorial Highway exit to Spruce Street and Tampa International Airport may be closed between 12:01 a.m. and 4 a.m. Monday, Oct. 13 through Sunday, Oct. 19. Traffic will be routed to Kennedy Boulevard, then to northbound Westshore Boulevard, then to Spruce Street. Motorists going to TIA can enter via the westbound Spruce Street ramp.
Lane closures on westbound Spruce Street near TIA

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--The left lane will be closed on westbound Spruce Street from O'Brien Street to Tampa International Airport (TIA) from 8:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 12 through Saturday, Oct. 18. Traffic will be shifted toward the median sometime during the week.
Lane closures on eastbound SR 60 approaching I-275

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--One lane will be closed on eastbound State Road 60 / southbound Memorial Highway from Cypress Street to I-275 between 8:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 12 through Saturday, Oct. 18.
Ramp from Cypress Street to southbound I-275 to be closed early mornings

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--The entrance ramp to southbound I-275 from Cypress Street will be closed from 12:01 a.m. to 4 a.m. Monday through Sunday, Oct. 13 to 19.

DETOUR: East on Cypress to Westshore Boulevard, west on Kennedy Blvd. to the southbound ramp near Westshore Plaza. Also, expect periodic delays these mornings on Cypress Street at the State Road 60 overpass.
Night lane closures on east end of Courtney Campbell

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--One to two lanes may be closed on eastbound and westbound State Road 60 on the Courtney Campbell Parkway west of Bayport Drive from 8:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 12 through Saturday, Oct. 18.
Night lane closures on Memorial approaching Courtney Campbell

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--Two of four lanes may be closed on southbound Memorial Highway coming off the Veterans Expressway and approaching State Road 60 between 8:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 12 through Saturday, Oct. 18.
Night detours and lane closures for SR 60 connection to Memorial/Veterans

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--Traffic heading east or west on State Road 60 on the Courtney Campbell Parkway may be detoured at the traffic signal to northbound Memorial Highway/Veterans Expressway from 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. Monday, Oct. 13 through Sunday, Oct. 19.

One to two lanes may also be closed in that area from 8:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday through Saturday, Oct. 12 through 18.
DETOUR: Eastbound traffic will be directed east to the Spruce Street exit, where it will u-turn at O'Brien Street, then enter westbound State Road 60 and continue to Memorial Highway or the Veterans Expressway.
I-275 Box Culvert from Howard Frankland Bridge to Lois Avenue
Northbound I-275 exit to be reduced to one lane for 45 days

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--One of two lanes will be closed on the northbound I-275 Exit 39A ramp to eastbound State Road 60 (Kennedy Blvd.) beginning at 10 p.m. Monday, Oct. 13 and lasting until approximately November 25.
I-275 from Himes Ave. to the Hillsborough River
Northbound I-275 lane closures at night

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--One to two lanes will be closed on northbound I-275 from Howard Avenue to Ashley Drive (Exit 44) from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday, Oct. 12 through 16.
Half of I-275 Exit 44 to be closed at night

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--The northbound I-275 exit ramps to Ashley Drive and Scott Street may alternately close between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 12 through Thursday, Oct. 16.

The Scott Street exit will also be closed during these same hours Friday and Saturday nights, Oct. 10 and 11.

Traffic will be detoured to Ashley Drive (right ramp of Exit 44), then east on Cass Street, then north on Florida Avenue to Scott Street.

Traffic will be detoured to Scott Street, then south on Tampa Street, then west on Tyler Street to Ashley Drive.
Southbound I-275 Ashley ramps to be closed this weekend and weeknights

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--The southbound I-275 exit ramp to Ashley Drive and the Ashley Drive entrance ramp to southbound I-275 will be closed around-the-clock from 11 p.m. Friday, Oct. 10 until sometime before noon on Sunday, Oct. 12. The ramps may also be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 12 through Thursday, Oct. 16.

for the southbound I-275 exit ramp closure, use Exit 45A to Doyle Carlton Drive. Turn right at bottom of ramp onto Doyle Carlton, turn right onto Henderson Avenue, turn right onto Tampa Street and go south, turn right and go west on Tyler Street to Ashley Drive.

For northbound Ashley Drive entrance ramp closure to southbound I-275: Going north on Ashley Drive, turn right and go east on Cass Street, turn left and go north on Florida Avenue, turn left on Kay Street and go west to the I-275 entrance ramp at the Tampa Street/Kay Street intersection.
Daytime lane closures on Himes Avenue

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--The right lane will be closed on northbound Himes Avenue near the entrance ramp to northbound I-275 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, Oct. 13 through 17. Access to the entrance ramp will still be available.
Day lane closures on Mac Dill Avenue

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--One lane of both northbound and southbound Mac Dill Avenue may be closed from La Salle Street to Green Street from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, Oct. 13 through 17.
Armenia or Howard avenues to be closed south of I-275 at night

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--Either Armenia Avenue or Howard Avenue will be closed at I-275 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 12 through Thursday, Oct. 16.

Armenia will be closed between Laurel and Arch streets; Howard will be closed from Arch Street to the northbound entrance ramp. All interstate ramps at the Armenia/Howard avenues interchange will remain open. However, traffic may be very congested in the Howard/Armenia area at I-275. In order to avoid delays, motorists are advised to consider alternate routes.

Through-traffic on Armenia Avenue will be detoured west on Main Street, south on Mac Dill Avenue, then east on Cypress Street back to Armenia.

Howard Avenue traffic will be detoured east on Cypress Street, north on Rome Avenue, then west on Main Street back to Howard.

Traffic wishing to access I-275 will continue west on Main Street, then south on Armenia Avenue. Motorists going south on I-275 will use the ramp at Green Street. Motorists accessing northbound I-275 will continue south on Armenia Avenue, then go east on Laurel Street to the northbound I-275 entrance ramp.
Willow Avenue closed under I-275 for six weeks

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--Willow Avenue is closed under I-275 until approximately Sunday, Nov. 16 for utility construction.

Traffic is being detoured using Cypress Street, Rome Avenue, and Main Street back to Willow. Truck traffic should use Armenia Avenue (southbound route) and Howard Avenue (northbound route) instead of using Rome Avenue.
Daytime lane closures on North Boulevard at I-275

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--Intermittent closures of one lane on northbound and southbound North Boulevard between La Salle Street and Green Street may occur between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, Oct. 13 through 17.
Doyle Carlton Drive may be closed under I-275

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--Doyle Carlton Drive may be closed to traffic under I-275 between midnight and 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 13 through Friday, Oct. 17 as needed.

For detours on East on Laurel Street, go north on Ashley Drive, east on Scott Street, north on Franklin Street, then west on Henderson Avenue to Doyle Carlton.

Southbound: East on Henderson Avenue, south on Tampa Street, then west on Laurel Street.
Sunday night lane closure on eastbound I-4 between Exit 10 and Exit 14

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY-- One lane will be closed on eastbound I-4 between County Road 579 (Exit 10) and McIntosh Road (Exit 14) between 10 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 12 and 6 a.m. Monday, Oct. 13.
Daytime lane closures Thursday and Friday on I-75 at Gibsonton Drive

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--One lane will be closed on both northbound and southbound I-75 under Gibsonton Drive (Exit 250) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday and Friday, Oct. 16 and 17 for maintenance work.
Lane closure Thursday night on northbound I-75 near Fowler

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY--The right lane will be closed on northbound I-75, one-half mile south of Fowler Avenue (Exit 265) between 10 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 16 and 5 a.m. Friday, Oct. 17. Crews will be working on an overhead changeable message sign.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/...Possible+Hillsborough+County+traffic+closures

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brandon area road closures

Besides Adamo! :bash:
===========

By Times Staff
In print: Friday, October 31, 2008

1 Oakwood Avenue at Morgan Street, lanes closed through today to install water main.

2 Seffner Valrico Road from Clark Avenue to Wheeler Road, lanes closed through today for water main installation.

3 Balm Riverview Road at La Petite Way, road closed through Nov. 14 for road widening.

4 Windhorst Road between Kingsway Road and Parsons Avenue, road closed through Nov. 22 for stormwater improvements.

5 Kings Avenue at intersections with Victoria Street and Providence Lakes Boulevard, lanes closed through Dec. 31 for intersection improvements.

[Last modified: Oct 28, 2008 06:25 PM]

http://www.tampabay.com/news/transportation/roads/article878947.ece

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Dale Mabry, Columbus Dr, Tampa Bay Blvd all may be closed during much of the day today because of the McCain rally.

I'm already hearing this morning that DM is shut down around the stadium.

EDIT: Columbus is shut down, not DM. But DM is slow.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is such b.s. why the hell did they have to shut down Columbus? The Vets SB was clogged beyond belief because of people jammed up and down Columbus/Spruce. I took the Vets NB to Hillsborough/Lois this morning just to avoid all the crap on DM. :bash:

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dale Mabry between Spruce & Cypress to close overnights

November 11, 2008
Portion of N Dale Mabry to close next week

TAMPA -- N Dale Mabry Highway will be under construction from Interstate 275 to Laurel Street, causing nighttime closings starting Monday though Nov. 20.

John McShaffrey, spokesman for the Florida Department of Transportation, said Tampa Electric Co. will be installing new lines in the area, and the northbound Dale Mabry exits off I-275 will be closed from both directions from midnight to 5 a.m.

During those hours, southbound traffic on Dale Mabry won't be able to go past Spruce Street and northbound Dale Mabry traffic won't be allowed past I-275.

A detour will direct eastbound and westbound traffic toward Spruce Street or Cypress Street, and northbound and southbound traffic to Lois Avenue, he said.

"It definitely will add a little more time to anybody's travels in that time of night," McShaffrey said. "We're mainly talking commercial traffic."

Kim Wilmath, Times staff writer

http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/2008/11/portion-of-dale.html

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TECO starts powerline repairs near Dale Mabry Monday
Reported by: Keith Baker
Email: [email protected]
Last Update: 3:24 pm

TAMPA, FL -- Early risers may want to avoid the area along Dale Mabry and I-275 as TECO forces a shut down while repairs are made to power lines starting Monday morning. Detours will be posted along Cypress Street, Lois Avenue and Spruce Streets.

TECO will be removing and installing transmission lines from Midnight to 5 a.m. Monday November 17 until Friday November 21.
Both directions will be closed at I-275 during the overnight hours.

Northbound exit ramps off of I-275 to Dale Mabry will also be closed during the same hours.

Copyright 2008 The E.W. Scripps Co. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=d951d606-17a8-40b6-bc9f-7ea9310fa238

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pipe Repair Closes MacDill Ave. From Wallace To Tyson

Pipe Repair Closes MacDill Ave. From Wallace To Tyson

By CHRISTIAN M. WADE | The Tampa Tribune

Published: November 17, 2008

TAMPA - A water main break this morning has prompted the city to close a section of MacDill Avenue from Wallace and Tyson avenues, city utility officials said.

Northbound traffic on MacDill is being diverted around the affected area at Wallace, and southbound traffic is being detoured at Tyson, officials said.

Repairs are expected to be completed today, but officials said resurfacing the road could take several days. Signs and barricades will assist with traffic flow.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/nov/17/pipe-repair-closes-macdill-ave-wallace-tyson-avenu/

1 - 20 of 44 Posts