SkyscraperCity Forum banner

TAMPA | Parking Lots near the Straz Center | Unknown Development (Possibly Residential)

5827 Views 35 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  kmthurman
This may need to be moved but I'm not sure where to put it. Not the greatest proposal but better than surface parking.

http://tbo.com/news/business/development-in-the-works-for-lot-near-straz-20140617/
Reactions: Brian72
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
In Europe you can develop an entire city with five or six-story buildings and get good density. Here, due to zoning restrictions, we have very few areas to work with.

If the few areas that allow density are filled with projects like this, you run out of room very quickly... and the result is you get even more sprawl.
I know some of you will disagree, but I don't think height is the only thing to consider in a downtown area. Not every block needs to be a highrise. That would make the area bland and boring. I would be okay with a 5 or 6 story european style perimeter block development on the northern lot, since that would add hundreds of apartments and create an urban feel.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.