SkyscraperCity Forum banner

TAMPA | Parking Lots near the Straz Center | Unknown Development (Possibly Residential)

5822 Views 35 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  kmthurman
This may need to be moved but I'm not sure where to put it. Not the greatest proposal but better than surface parking.

http://tbo.com/news/business/development-in-the-works-for-lot-near-straz-20140617/
Reactions: Brian72
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
I know some of you will disagree, but I don't think height is the only thing to consider in a downtown area. Not every block needs to be a highrise. That would make the area bland and boring. I would be okay with a 5 or 6 story european style perimeter block development on the northern lot, since that would add hundreds of apartments and create an urban feel. However, I would hate to see a garage developed on the lot across the street from the Straz. In my opinion the city should buy that lot and use it as an expansion area for the Straz since Tampa should have a separate symphony hall. Both large halls in the Straz are not really made for symphny concerts.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.