SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 611 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I understood, the 1st of 2 lotteries has been drawn but those people don't purchase until today. I could be wrong. Interesting approach to sales, though. I guess they don't want to rush people. Who knows.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think they took reservations. Straight to sales from a lottery. I may go check it out and see if I can find out how sales are going.

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
Jasonhouse said:
In other words, they start closing on the reserved units today... So hopefully, construction will begin within 60-90 days.
Jason :) , I wish that was the case here in Miami, but for some reason, just like one of the three, 60 story Brickell Icon condo towers sold out here in two days, but we here all know here in Miami, that the real construction won't actually start for at least 6 to 9 months, why is that ??? :cheers:

·
Registered
84 Posts
They started holding floorplans on Thursday and Friday, and this coming Monday, Tuesday for the lottery winners. They are locking in the prices but will finish the contracts at a later date. This property is pretty hot! I was within the first 5 to take a pick. I am pretty excited.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh by the way. Tampa & the D.O.T. still hasn't resolved the balcony issue for the outermost unit (Unit 16) on Tampa St. They are in fact moving forward with the Cafe's. But I think there is a possibility that the most inexpensive unit gets a little extra break in price if they do need to exclude the balcony. That would make it only the 2nd unit available without offering a balcony, I believe. So starting prices could go down if this isn't resolved.

The lottery isn't done yet. People will be getting phone calls between now an July. There are lots of winners who do not come up with a sufficient down payment.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Skypoint

If you don't mind me asking, which floorplan did you choose? Also, were the prices in line with what they were telling people? (Most units under $200k)

leglace said:
Oh by the way. Tampa & the D.O.T. still hasn't resolved the balcony issue for the outermost unit (Unit 16) on Tampa St. They are in fact moving forward with the Cafe's. But I think there is a possibility that the most inexpensive unit gets a little extra break in price if they do need to exclude the balcony. That would make it only the 2nd unit available without offering a balcony, I believe. So starting prices could go down if this isn't resolved.

The lottery isn't done yet. People will be getting phone calls between now an July. There are lots of winners who do not come up with a sufficient down payment.

·
Registered
84 Posts
dudeintampa said:
If you don't mind me asking, which floorplan did you choose? Also, were the prices in line with what they were telling people? (Most units under $200k)
I got unit 15 the 2 bedroom. Every floorplan has a major flaw. Unit 15 had the flaws I could most live with and within the price range I wanted. They start at $282,000.00. That is the most affordable 2 bedroom. There was only 2 units priced under $200,000.00. I believe unit 16 was one of them. Most of the 1 bdrms were priced between 218,000.00 to 280,000 including the sky collection (25-32 flr)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Jasonhouse said:
Just about every floor plan in every tower I've seen had a major flaw IMO... Most egregious to me were the loft style projects, which all seemed to feature amazing wastes of floor area as thier selling point.
When I say flaw, I mean how one plan put the laundry room inside a walk-in closet. Another has the bar so close to the small family rm, there is no where to put stools. Another plan has a fat column right in a path of a corridor from the entry. Some have next to no closet space, and some put the SGD to the balcony smack through where the furniture wants to be for the family rm. Most plans do not have a feasable location for a nook table.

Unit 15's flaws are that it doesn't have a bar or a pantry. But it as a great location for a round table and a good location of the family rm.

I can't help it, I am picky. I did look at some of the other projects. I found the plans for the Residence on Franklin Street and Victory lofts to have pretty neat floor plans. Residence on Franklin only has a Spa on the roof instead of a pool, so thats a bummer. I really felt that the floor plans for Skypoint are the weakest layouts. But then a gain, they are in a great location with the best prices for a high rise.

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,165 Posts
The Franklin Residences is one of the ones that bothered me greatly. I looked closely at the floor plans for it (and the Arts Center Lofts), as my parents were looking at buying a unit with me, or on thier own... If we/them had bought in either place, it was determined that a significant gutting of the interior would have to be done to rework the floorplan and make it livable and efficient... And niether developer was interested in selling a shell unit at a lower price, so we/them bought nowhere.

The core problem that I see with so many of them is that a great deal of living area must be sacrificed to circulation needs. That is, as you have said yourself, many units have doors and windows in locations which result in there being nowhere to put furniture. (unless one is to create an "island' living space away from the walls, with the perimeter serving as the main circulation, but this quickly shrinks 20x20 rooms to be 12x12, defeating the entire purpose of spending $500k+ to get a 2,000 sqft unit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Jasonhouse said:
The Franklin Residences is one of the ones that bothered me greatly. I looked closely at the floor plans for it (and the Arts Center Lofts), as my parents were looking at buying a unit with me, or on thier own... If we/them had bought in either place, it was determined that a significant gutting of the interior would have to be done to rework the floorplan and make it livable and efficient... And niether developer was interested in selling a shell unit at a lower price, so we/them bought nowhere.

The core problem that I see with so many of them is that a great deal of living area must be sacrificed to circulation needs. That is, as you have said yourself, many units have doors and windows in locations which result in there being nowhere to put furniture. (unless one is to create an "island' living space away from the walls, with the perimeter serving as the main circulation, but this quickly shrinks 20x20 rooms to be 12x12, defeating the entire purpose of spending $500k+ to get a 2,000 sqft unit.
Jason, did you look at the Towers @ Channelside?
They have decent layouts with balconies (terrace) that can fit more than a hammock and a table.

The Place @ Channelside also offers some pretty creative floorplans that somehow work well. Although they say 95% are sold already.

I chose Skypoint because I still hold on to the dream of being able to walk around downtown and get everything I need by foot. I really want a developed downtown and to be part of it. We'll see.

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,165 Posts
I only looked at the cheaper DT places (ok, cheapest;))... But more importantly, I generally gave up looking ever since my g/f took a good job in DT Sarasota, and I can't afford a $250k+ place on my own (I'm still in school). Because of that, the odds of me being in Tampa this time next year are like 25%, if that.

1 - 20 of 611 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.