Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Downtown resident
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This project has been talked about for a few years, but I hadn't seen renderings... The FGF website says they will start construction in 2007. I don't know how new that is, but I have been to their website before and it wasn't there. The Wayback Machine has a copy from about a year ago and there is no mention of the Inn, so it's at least fairly recent.

No more information is on their website, but previously mentioned in a newspaper article was that it could feature a robotic parking garage.

·
Channelside Pioneer
656 Posts
The exterior rendering looks very European to me. Certainly different than the Med-revival that we're used to in S. Tampa.

·
10,618 Posts
I like the design. It almost reminds me of some Colonial American Inn. It mixes it up architectually, and if it has the robotic parking garage it is also efficent. Good street interaction too, especially if it has some retail.

·
SoHo
1,039 Posts
That's a beautiful project. I think this was proposed about three years ago and then it went dark. Good to see it's back up for discussion.

Has it already been approved by the city council?

·
USF Architecture Student
1,518 Posts
This is an incredible design and I want to meet the architect and say Thank you, for keeping this form of Art pure and beautiful.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
THat's going to look great slapped up agaisnt the crosstown . . .

Don't get me wrong - I Like it, but it is not going on some sidestreet in Paris.

·
Registered
217 Posts
personally I love the design, its very different from everything else, and it looks very upscale and classy, as well as a nice view of DT and the exterior like mentioned above looks welcoming. i hope it gets built or at least U/C like its supposed to this year

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
While it is theoretically possible that someone might walk to the convention center, it is not possible to walk to TGH w/o getting run over by some ass driving onto the bridge way too fast.

·
Downtown resident
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's not a sidewalk on the Davis Island bridge? I thought I have seen people walking over it... As for the convention center, it's like 2 blocks away (go by Publix and then over the bridge), it would definitely be a walking destination. Which according to the Embassy Suites, is an in demand thing.

·
Oh Hey!
7,177 Posts
Has this project gone back to the dark ages?

·
Registered
685 Posts
There was an article in the paper just a couple of weeks ago where they did a story on Four Green Fileds. The owner voiced he was still planning on moving forward with the project. I don't remember exactly which paper it was in.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts