SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor has it they finally have their crap together -- it stuck up against the wall -- for the world (or more like for Tampa -- to see.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe it doesn't -- you have a point on that. I didn't think they'd approach the city until next year.

I'm highly skeptical regardless. I started this thread just to get the conversation off the other threads :p

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
As far as it stands right now the Tampa Towers project is up in the air waiting for someone to catch it.

·
10,538 Posts
tampamobster21 said:
As far as it stands right now the Tampa Towers project is up in the air waiting for someone to catch it.
Not sure what that means because its going up for approval on May 17th, according to villagerealestate.blogspot.com. Someone is obviously leading the way.

·
Registered
274 Posts
This could get approval but remember this is a big, massive devlelopment. It will take a long time to start it and build it. And is there still a market for upscale condo's like this? Another question is how are they marketing these nationally and internationally?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I disagree. Tampa really doesn't have a need for office towers (not at this point in time). There is plenty of office space available. Tampa is going through a DT residentail reniassance now. Maybe when all the residential gets built it will attract more companies to DT instead of the suburban campuses.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Very true, I think that is why they are holding HRT.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They've been holding HRT for a decade. Don't draw any conclusions from current trends.

Downtown is in direct competition from the county which just loves to help out suburban office parks. The population of downtown isn't going to be the workers as so much the rich-shits with the prices of Trump, Towers Tampa, Towers at Channelside and other projects that leave many priced out from the get go.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I wasn't drawing conclusions. I was simply stating my opinion. Hence the (I think).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts