SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have been followed SC for a pretty long time, and now I finally decided to register. :wave:

It's time to create an own developing thread for Tampere.

Tampere has the population of 213 000 (Dec 2010) and it's second most-populous urban area in Finland with its 360 000 inhabitants. The area grows about 4500 inhabitants per year. It's sad that less than a half of the growth gravitates into Tampere itself. That's because the lack of new houses. Helsinki has the same problem, but there it's even worst. This suburbanzation-problem is in every big city of Finland. This is the main reason why Finnish cities seem to grow so slow.

Btw, sorry about my bad English... Just let me know if you didn't get some part.

--------------------

Biggest project at the moment is Tampere Central Arena + highrises. They have never built anything like this before to Tampere. Architect Daniel Libeskind have made the main plans. Arena will take over 11.000 spectators + 3000 during concerts. Ice hockey World Championships 2013 will be played in the new Arena. It will be located above railroad, on the deck, next to railwaystation. Construction starts this summer. More info: http://www.tampereenkeskusareena.fi/en/

Some pics: (copied from tampereenkeskusareena.fi)

Highest tower (office/apartment tower) will be 97m high, with the spire 120m and 27 fl. That makes it the highest tower in Finland!! :cheers: Lowest will be 15fl, and the rest 4 between those. :) Hotel, offices and apartments includes 60 000 m2. The whole complex will establish 2300 jobs and it will be new home of thousands. The whole complex should be completed until 2018.

Comments, please. :) Next message will talk about very large planned traffic infrastructure project in Tampere ;)

Edit: Highest will be office/apartment tower.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Thread meet the world! Sorry it took a while, again the anti-spam filter put this on unapproved, something that takes an effort to discover for mods!

Welcome Urbanisaatio and a great effort with a new thread. We're screaming for more activity on the Finnish subsection. Keep us updated. :)

·
Scandi-friendly
7,733 Posts
Finally! Great project, and eager to here more about Tampere!:rock:

Now, if someone would develop a spam filter that actually works...

·
8,776 Posts
Nice to see some enthusiastic action in Finnish forum! :eek:kay: Can't wait to see more updates on Tampere projects ...especially that large infrastructure project ;) as I understand,that infrastructure project (tramlines) is still in planning stages,right?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Okay, here it comes.

They have been planned a tramline to Tampere. As so usual here, there have been a lot of objection against this project. At the moment they are planning first line. But, this project is proceeding imo r e a l l y slow, and they are not constructing this until 2015!!! They really should start couple years earlier.

These are introductory alternatives for the first line. They are thinking hard between two alternatives: large coverage or fast connection. I consider that this is the main problem.

Anyway, this isn't maybe busiest project, but really interesting though. Next message will talk about another proposed highrise to center of Tampere.

E: Boscorelli: Yes, it is an orthodox church. It fit well with highrises. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Proposed highrise to center of Tampere. They are planning to start contructing this summer. It's a hotel, what will be 90 meters high and 25 storey. SOK (Finland's co-operative shop) has been planning the hotel for years, but the economic turndown stopped the project.

Here is some renders:

Facade looks good to me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^

Are there hopes for it when the economy turns round? Or is it dead?
They have building licence and everything is ready, construction should start in June 2011. Sokotel Oy (SOK) have sold their spas to get money for this. Besides, hotels in Tampere have high using percentage, so even the markets have lack of hotelrooms.

·
Registered
11,036 Posts
They have building licence and everything is ready, construction should start in June 2011. Sokotel Oy (SOK) have sold their spas to get money for this. Besides, hotels in Tampere have high using percentage, so even the markets have lack of hotelrooms.
That sounds great!

It's really nice that the hotel is as close as it is to the other highrises on the other side of the tracks! :)

Are the architects of the hotel danish?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^ It's part of the arena project. Its high have been increased later, it wasn't visible in earlier renders, because it was then only 5 floors.

Boscorelli: No, the architect isn't Libeskind. Damn, I don't remember it now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hervanta update! 2/3 highrises are now under construction. Both will be 16 floors and about 55m.

First pic is copied from taloforum

Second pic is copied from gvl.kuvat.fi

Hopefully they who took the pics don't mind.

Oh, I forget to post what they'll look like:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ratinanranta's 1000 apartments have been U/C for over year.

Area in summer. Yeah, somebody should post newer photos. But again, pics are in taloforum.fi, but they don't bother to post those here! And I don't mind to copy those.

There are 3/4 9 floor towers u/c, lower buldings are almost ready.

Also coming offices and shopping mall.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts