SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Capital of Chinese Tang dynasty(most powerful dynasty in the world, the country area nearly twice of China today, people much rich than other dynasties, the Tang culture change Japan's history), Xi'an city had more than 2 million people in Tang over 1000 years ago and the biggest city in the world.
Lotus Park is a imitation but the Dayan tower(60m, 7 floors) was built in Tang and over 1000 years, it's the symbol of Great Royal Mercy temple and Xi'an now.

·
ONE WORLD
9,172 Posts
this gives me hope, I'm glad the Chinese govt is rebuilding at least some - too much has been lost to history. Worlds largest cities at one time or another included Hangzhou, Nanjing, Xian, Khanate Beijing and Louyang - of which hardly anything of their epoch making architecture survived the wars and Dynasty changes. Hangzhou for one was the Eastern counterpart (and bigger city) to Rome and her Empire, the buildings finally detroyed in the 1860 Taiping Uprising :(.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
the spliff fairy said:
this gives me hope, I'm glad the Chinese govt is rebuilding at least some - too much has been lost to history. Worlds largest cities at one time or another included Hangzhou, Nanjing, Xian, Khanate Beijing and Louyang - of which hardly anything of their epoch making architecture survived the wars and Dynasty changes. Hangzhou for one was the Eastern counterpart (and bigger city) to Rome and her Empire, the buildings finally detroyed in the 1860 Taiping Uprising :(.
These cheap Disney replications do not give me hope..... :yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts