SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1263 Posts

·
Casa hiya mdinti
117 Posts
benh si tanger veut organiser l'exposition mondial 2012 , elle doit miser gros, en plus en genral si c'est fait professionellement les gros investissements , ramenent gros aussi

·
http://www.amush.org
50 Posts
I think that this purpose is most interesting than the other one wich is very basic and poor of reflexion.

Zaha Hadid composed with density because Tangier needs density. She is an urbanist expert, she win the Pritzker Price.

The other purpose is only empty spaces with an empty place in the middle front of a "totem" very ugly and 3robi.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think that this purpose is most interesting than the other one wich is very basic and poor of reflexion.

Zaha Hadid composed with density because Tangier needs density. She is an urbanist expert, she win the Pritzker Price.

The other purpose is only empty spaces with an empty place in the middle front of a "totem" very ugly and 3robi.
Okay, let's remove the big "totem" then :)

There's no arguing about taste, but while were busy let's say a couple more things :D

The fact that she's an urbanist, is exactly the problem, we're talking about an old port that is going to be converted into a pleasure port.. So it remains a port and that's why it shouldn't get a dense urban design I think.
Every city needs spacious areas and green areas where events can be held and where people can 'escape' from the city.. there is already enough building activity in Tanger to create urban density. Most of the 'empty space' in the project I referred to (which is not perfect either) is green space. And Tanger is really poor if it comes to public parks.

Last but not least, a conversion like this would give a shocking contrast with the old medina, I don't know if that will damage the face of Tanger.

·
50 Posts
May be you are right.
But what i'm sure is that the project of Zaha Hadid can give to Tangier a incomparable effect "gugenheim" Like in Bilbao with an audacious architecture wich brings a international interest. When there is interest, there is investment, there is employment... etc and god know how we need to this.
The other proposition have no ambition.

Scuz my lazy english, i tried don't speak french :lol:

·
Registered
180 Posts
May be you are right.
But what i'm sure is that the project of Zaha Hadid can give to Tangier a incomparable effect "gugenheim" Like in Bilbao with an audacious architecture wich brings a international interest. When there is interest, there is investment, there is employment... etc and god know how we need to this.
The other proposition have no ambition.

Scuz my lazy english, i tried don't speak french :lol:
looks great, but we need some human size views to see the result, the textures, the perspectives, etc. these building need to be bright (glas please !), to let the light enter, and not to close the access and the sight to the port. it looks more like valencia or barcelona than marbella (puerto banus). we don't need a close marina for the happy few, we need some dynamic, shiny and open urban port, for the fishermen, the tourists, the businessmen, the tangerian families, nice girls and young lovers :). a moroccan urban port for the 21st century that would give tangiers an international renown.

·
50 Posts

I think there is dosed green spaces wich give to this area a place statut. (Green in the map)

There is also pedestrian area around buldings program wich offer a promenade more interesting than en empty green zone. (Grey in the map)

Now the question is if tangerian are ready to apreciate a great architecture with some urban reflexion of mixity and density program or prefer convencional empty spaces where people let there things all aroung the grass, and do picnic waiting for some god miracle to have employment.

·
50 Posts
Now if people prefer this...

When i'll see this in Tangier
.. and it's wath it will probably happens. I'll run in this racetrack and jump to the sea in this kind of diving
rsrsrs :D

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
The first thing they should do in Tanger is renovate the Medina. Seriously, it looks like a bad suburb of the city now. All dirty and stuff.

·
50 Posts
How much time you did'nt go there?
The medina is clean now and there is a program for restoration of some important edifices.
They repaint all, and put a new ground.

Personaly i love the medina.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
How much time you did'nt go there?
The medina is clean now and there is a program for restoration of some important edifices.
They repaint all, and put a new ground.

Personaly i love the medina.
I went there last summer. There are some improvements in some parts in the medina, but they have a long way to go. I still dont understand why we dont use bricks - or plates in Morocco to cover the outside of the houses. White buildings need to be repaint every year, not so many people have the money for that.

·
Banned
161 Posts
I went there last summer. There are some improvements in some parts in the medina, but they have a long way to go. I still dont understand why we dont use bricks - or plates in Morocco to cover the outside of the houses. White buildings need to be repaint every year, not so many people have the money for that.
What do u mean ? do u have any picture ?

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
1 - 20 of 1263 Posts