Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More pics or renders available?

Judging by the shape from outside it looks like it will have athletic tracks.
What about the stadiums in Marrakech and Agadir? They have tracks too?
As all moroccans staduims, this one will have also athletic tracks.

Sorry, no more pics or news! i'm looking for too.

·
Registered
52,578 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Good! A world cup in Morocco would be great! I'm pretty sure they will host it next time WC goes back to africa...I can't see any other country that could seriously challenge them at the moment...
However I don't get why there is a need to built tracks around every single stadium? I mean what track and field events can attract 40 000+ people? Olympic games, World championships, and that's pretty it, no? So 1 high capacity Stadium with a track per country would be more than enough no??
:bash:

·
Registered
52,578 Posts
Good! A world cup in Morocco would be great! I'm pretty sure they will host it next time WC goes back to africa...I can't see any other country that could seriously challenge them at the moment...
However I don't get why there is a need to built tracks around every single stadium? I mean what track and field events can attract 40 000+ people? Olympic games, World championships, and that's pretty it, no? So 1 high capacity Stadium with a track per country would be more than enough no??
:bash:
+1.

But Rabat host every year a big athelic meeting and will host the IAAF grand prix final in 2010-2011. Tangiers meeting will move from marshan stadium to new stadium this year.

Marrakech and Agadir stadium don't need track.

Morroco was favourite for world cup 2010, but we know what Blatter made. He encourages other arab countries for presenting candidature (Tunisia, Egypt, Lybia) and the day vote, he changes the voting rules at the last moment ; from a voting round play off (the less country voices is eliminate each round until a final with 2 countries) to a majority vote.

Tunisia has withdrawn its proposal, but Egypt did not want and the Libyan project was not accepted.

2010 :
South Africa 14
Morocco 10
Egypt 0

Blatter beat us, not South Africa.

1998 (vote in 1991) :
France 12
Morocco 7
Switzerland 0

1 - 20 of 101 Posts