SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been meaning to start a thread about the homegrown tech industry in Tanzania for a while.

This is the thread for local tech initiatives and innovations.

One of the few criticisms I have of the government is the lack of investment in homegrown science and technology industries. I know that Magufuli stated that he wants Tanzania to be at the cutting edge of technology, I would like to see more state led companies and initiatives in this area, perhaps invest in a mini silicon valley.

The tech sector has become the new modern media, not just because of the way people interact with technology devices but the power and influence that companies like Google, Facebook and Twitter have over the masses. The importance of creating your own tech industry is that you can mitigate outside influences with local based media.

Importantly, this sector can help to provide jobs to Tanzanians

But please do post any tech news you can find in this thread. If you have any news I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some of the tech industries/innovations I would like to see the government starting up.

• Homegrown technology to assist in the management of Tanzanian wildlife, Flora and Fauna. (Currently a lot of the workforce and technology around this is outsourced. I think mainly to German companies
  • Technology to assist in securing, sourcing and managing Tanzania's natural resources
  • Technology to support local manufacturing
  • Technology to support the health sector
  • Smartphones and Tablets
  • Videogame companies (Yes, I said it)
  • Local social media sites and platforms
  • Anti corruption innovations

·
2,986 Posts
Great initiative, we will keep posting..

Reactions: The Daddy1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts