SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 3214 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why countries like Tanzania are slept on when it comes to tourism or beauty, I am kinda tired of Kenya, here is beautiful Tanzania, here are pictures of its beautiful tourist attraction its beautiful beaches and crazy wildlife.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DESTINATION Tanzania

ZANZIBAR

Zanzibar, whose actual name is Unguja Island, is a partner in the United Republic of Tanzania.

It is located in the Indian Ocean about 35 km off the coast of mainland Tanzania at Longitude 39 degrees East and Latitude 6 degrees South of the Equator.

The highest point of the island is 150 meters above sea level.

Getting to Zanzibar
East African Safari Air/Kenya Airways/KLM fly into Zanzibar daily from Nairobi, Kenya. Many other international airlines fly to Dar es Salaam from where you can take a local flight to the island or choose to cross over by ferry ( the trip by sea last approximately 2 hours ). A number of European tour operators also operate regular weekly charter flights directly to the island.

Facts About Zanzibar
Island Capital: Zanzibar Town
Population: 950.000
Island size: 1464 square km, 86 km long and only 36 km wide at the largest point
Climate : Tropical, average temp. 25 degrees centigrade throughout the year . Long rains in April/May, short rains in October/November.
Hot dry season from November to March.
Time Zone: GMT plus 3 hours
Language : Official languages are Kiswahili and English
Currency : Tanzanian Shilling
Telephone : Country code +255 Local area code 24
A few cellular phone companies are now operating on the island and rental of mobile phones is available for visitors.
Electricity : 220 Volts
Entry Documents: you will need a valid passport and a visa depending on the country of origin
Health : Prophylaxis for malaria highly recommended
Airport : Zanzibar International Airport
Departure Tax: US$ 25
Driving : On the left--International Driving License required

to be continued

·
BROKEN ARROWS
4,035 Posts
ferry ride from Dar es Salaam to Zanzibar is cheap and takes about an hour to reach there.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
I don't know why countries like Tanzania are slept on when it comes to tourism or beauty, I am kinda tired of Kenya, here is beautiful Tanzania, here are pictures of its beautiful tourist attraction its beautiful beaches and crazy wildlife.
they also need to exploit their agricultural land.....i blame their political system but atleast Mrisho Kikwete seems to be going the right direction.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tanzania is very beautiful and has so much potential when it comes to tourism. But it will take much more than just the beauty for it to be a tourist hotspot. Good infrastructure, marketing and tourism investments are just some of the areas they need to work on.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,876 Posts
They need to be competitive o they will continue to be in Kenya's shadow.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
Tanzania is very beautiful and has so much potential when it comes to tourism. But it will take much more than just the beauty for it to be a tourist hotspot. Good infrastructure, marketing and tourism investments are just some of the areas they need to work on.
Tanzania is working on its infrastructure at the moment.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
They need to be competitive o they will continue to be in Kenya's shadow.
^^
That will not be the case for long, soon all East African countries will be marketed as one destination. That includes things like visas where one will need only one to visit Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi.

It would be nice to land in Nairobi in the morning, have lunch under Mt Kilimanjaro in Tanzania and take a trip to the source of the nile in Uganda the next day.:)

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
its already happenning....,media(east africa tv,nation media group,stardard group),sports(elgon cup,safari sevens,kabeberi sevens,east africa high school sports assn.etc)even in investments-Brookside milk ltd is about to invest large scale in dairy farming in Tz very soon.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
I have many Tanzanian friends they are extremely friendly and fun to be with; one Tanzanian girl keeps explaining to me about her country and showing her photos back in h Tan. Its very simple, I can couple up both Kenya and Tanzania in the same trip, fly into Nairobi and overland by bus towards DES

1 - 20 of 3214 Posts