Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
hmm i kinda like it. i think they need to incorporate the podium design into the towers more tho. it's just a brown box.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
nice! more like a 21st century apartment block! hahaha :D

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
nice! more like a 21st century apartment block! hahaha :D
dont hold your breath. they might 'taiwanese' it be covering the balconies or walls with bathroom tiles or something. :lol:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dont hold your breath. they might 'taiwanese' it be covering the balconies or walls with bathroom tiles or something. :lol:
It is not in this case.
It has become popular that each new apartment has itw own board to control this type of issue. These balcones never be built in these new buildings.

·
Don Pedro-Lorenzo
917 Posts
this building has somthing of the 70's according to me, but it's not bad!

·
Don Pedro-Lorenzo
917 Posts

a social housing complex built between the 60's and the 70's, in créteil (in the parisian suburbs), designed by gérard grandval.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
It is not in this case.
It has become popular that each new apartment has itw own board to control this type of issue. These balcones never be built in these new buildings.
but there are balconies in the rendering. lots of them.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
this building has somthing of the 70's according to me, but it's not bad!
yes it has a totally retro look. i guess taiwan is catching up. only a couple more decades before they catch up to current architectural trends!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
emm.. how can u compare that social housing apartments to the other one.. its totally different

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

a social housing complex built between the 60's and the 70's, in créteil (in the parisian suburbs), designed by gérard grandval.
Taipei is planning build social hosings because the high housing price really take out young people and middle class capability of buying their own house.

Is there any experience should Taipei learn from social housings in Europe?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Taipei is planning build social hosings because the high housing price really take out young people and middle class capability of buying their own house.

Yes! Please don't make it ugly!! Social housin does not have to look ugly. it can be very attractive yet economically constructed. Hell it can be concrete like most buildings in taiwan but just paint it nice colors! Paint is not that expensive!! :nuts:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I dont think it should be considered as "social housing".. "its more like affordable housing". Social housing is for people that is unemployed or disadvantaged.

Social housing should be rolled out soon. I hear many places around the route of TTIA MRT is going to have affordable housing built by the government which is good! Taipei housing is unaffordable. I dont know why housing is so expensive. ShinBei City (Taipei County) prices have gone up as well and it will keep going up after the upgrade of municipality status. This is going to be a big issue in the medium term where 50% of the work force earns under $40,000 per month and that they cannot afford any housing.

·
Don Pedro-Lorenzo
917 Posts

above all, the european experience shows that we shouldn't build a too large and isolated complex. otherwise with poverty and social isolation, all these social housing areas will be places where the criminality will developp...

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
above all, the european experience shows that we shouldn't build a too large and isolated complex. otherwise with poverty and social isolation, all these social housing areas will be places where the criminality will developp...
I do not think Government is planning on developing social housing. What they are trying to do is to build affordable housing (subsidized by government) to keep the general housing inflation down. Many young people in Taiwan cannot afford to buy houses. With the gap between the rich and the poor continue to widen, they have to do something about it.

What the government isn't doing is that they are not spending money REDEVELOPING already developed land but rather build housing on vacant land outside Taipei. That is not going to keep the housing prices down in Taipei. What they should do is to buy old old 2-4 story housing (those ugly ones still around taipei) and knock them down to replace them with highrise affordable housing for lower income bracket citizens. It will cost a lot of money but they should consider it and start slowly. Taipei housing is way too expensive and the property prices are all controlled by big corporates. Normal citizens will not be able to do anything about it. Only government interventions can solve this problem now.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Oh, forgot to make a statement from your comment. Most Taiwanese youths stay with their parents so social housing arent really neccessary. They either inheret from parent or still stay with parent (3 generation stay together - culture). So social housing for the unemployed isnt really neccessary on a big scale.

·
Don Pedro-Lorenzo
917 Posts
Oh, forgot to make a statement from your comment. Most Taiwanese youths stay with their parents so social housing arent really neccessary. They either inheret from parent or still stay with parent (3 generation stay together - culture). So social housing for the unemployed isnt really neccessary on a big scale.
sure, taiwan has another social situation then the europe's one. but at the same time, i think we shouldn't overestimate the family solidarity in tw, there have always been young people who hava no other choice than being xiao di or xiao jie..unfortunatly...

and in europe, with economic crisis, there are more and more young people who stay longtime in the family unit.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
DPP Chairperson talks about Affordable housing in ShinBei City:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e07MCzsZOKo&feature=channel

She talks about buying 40% of the housing and redevelop them. She definitely know what shes doing. Theres other videos talking about transport, crime, city and industrial development issues from her!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A place I grew up has some interesting project plans by local developer 昇捷建設,which is seeking high-quaility designed project for Taoyuan.

There are recent projects they are planning.

by 快樂之心

都市更新案

經國綜合開發案

昇捷建設 is a developer has very slow process. They only very few project in past 4 years because they spend a lot of time on planning and design (I believe they only come out 1 or 2 projects).

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
i like :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts