·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shreepati Heights -- Tardeo, Mumbai

-------==-=-==-------

EDIT -- the tower has been redesigned, see page 3 for details

-------==-=-==-------

Although we've heard about this project for over a year, Shreepati Developers has officially announced what could be the tallest approved tower yet for Mumbai (that we have a rendering for, anyway.)

Of approved projects, with 76 stories and 500,000 sq.ft of built up area, the project may be only be second to DB Tower in height (with unconfirmed reports of the developers of the latter working to grow it to 76+ fl/300+ in height.)

Shreepati Heights is located at Tukaram Javji Marg in Tardeo, one of Mumbai's tallest neighbrhoods, not far from the 65 story twin Imperial Towers. The tower was designed by architect Reza Kabul, who had also previously designed Shreepati Arcade, for Shreepati Group, which, for a brief time, was Mumbai's tallest building.

Shreepati heights seems to take its cue from traditional architecture, with the shape evoking the shikhara of Nagara temple style, even to the point of having an amalaka crowning the building. The tower seems to have a remarkably small footprint for a building of this height, as Mumbai's other major skyscrapers require a larger plot and more green area in order to get the floor space approval. This could be an indication of increased FSI allowances in the area.

According to the developers, the tower is currently under construction, having commenced in Dec, 2007 -- or several months before they announced it to the general public. The tower is expected to be completed in Dec, 2012. With all the highrise construction in the area, it will likely be a while before it really starts to make an impact on the skyline, but when it does, it will eventually even dwarf the Imperial Towers.

Thread will be updated when more info becomes available

Cheers,
Jai

·
sitz, it is.
1,667 Posts
According to the developers, the tower is currently under construction, having commenced in Dec, 2007 -- or several months before they announced it to the general public. The tower is expected to be completed in Dec, 2012. With all the highrise construction in the area, it will likely be a while before it really starts to make an impact on the skyline, but when it does, it will eventually even dwarf the Imperial Towers.
I hope this one is really getting built.

Thanks, Jai!

·
Cov Boy
4,063 Posts
Yeah it is quite a thin building but an excellent one in terms of design & height.

We will be in for quite a wait for this one

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Awesome. Looks good. hope the top is the revolving hotel. nonetheless, build it, its seriously supertall. Looks like the 1st 7 fls are parking deck.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I dont think that render is the final one. It does kinda look prematurish. If they are going to build something to be 76 fl, I reckon they should have a more solid design.

·
Learning Enthusiast
652 Posts
The design is good. Doesn't look 76 storied but I guess it isn't the final yet.

·
Registered
11,377 Posts
Guys

I just realized that this project is right next to where my Grandparents live. My grandparents live in Tardeo. My cousin (ABCD) went there. I will ask him if he took any pictures of the area including the Imperial Towers.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They've uploaded a slightly clearer rendering that I tried to enlarge and clarify:

Honestly, I'm not really digging the design. If they didn't have the concrete box podium, the tower would look a lot better. Obviously its being used as parking, but even the inclusion of greenery, or a more interesting facade would work wonders. I hope its not concrete, because even extending the metallic panelling down to ground level would look better than some cheap box.

Someone should call them and request a real rendering, as opposed to some drawing

·
I have no life : (
1,284 Posts
^^ The bottom half closely resembles the imperial towers'.
But is this actually UC like it says in the thread title?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shreepati Heights -- Tardeo, Mumbai

According to the developers, the tower is currently under construction, having commenced in Dec, 2007 -- or several months before they announced it to the general public. The tower is expected to be completed in Dec, 2012.

·
Registered
11,377 Posts
Honestly, I'm not really digging the design. If they didn't have the concrete box podium, the tower would look a lot better. Obviously its being used as parking, but even the inclusion of greenery, or a more interesting facade would work wonders. I hope its not concrete, because even extending the metallic panelling down to ground level would look better than some cheap box.

Someone should call them and request a real rendering, as opposed to some drawing
Never noticed the box-type designed until you mentioned it. It does looks weird. seems like a parking structure.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts