SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Watch my Chops
6,034 Posts
What a arse. Who needs a Liberal Party when you have muppets like him.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:lol: what i cant understand is with the aboriginals is.... i thought the tasmanian aboriginals died out decades ago? And the only ones living in Tasmania now are decendants from mainland tribes and elders...
Do you know why they died out? You are aware, by definition, that genocide occured there?

I think it's pretty crass on your part that your post is accompanied by a laughing icon. Pretty sick.

·
What a timeline we're in!
5,189 Posts
The Age

Seems to be the era of resignations-- Bracks, Carr, Beattie and now Lennon.
and Geoff Gallop, another Labor Premier of this era resigned.

Do you know why they died out? You are aware, by definition, that genocide occured there?

I think it's pretty crass on your part that your post is accompanied by a laughing icon. Pretty sick.
not really, happens the world over in history. what i cant understand is why Tasmania have any obligations to do so when their native population died out a long time ago?

·
Registered
49 Posts
and Geoff Gallop, another Labor Premier of this era resigned.

not really, happens the world over in history. what i cant understand is why Tasmania have any obligations to do so when their native population died out a long time ago?
No they didn't "die out". Often the women were taken as wives by whalers and loggers in early days of Tasmanian settlement, so their descendents live on through that.

When I was growing up in Tasmania in the 1980s a number of families in Hobart were considered "black" or even more derisively as having a swipe of the tar brush, (often in relation to negative news). So if they have Palawa ancestry, were considered a "black" family by the wider community regardless of their actual apparent colour, and they also want to to acknowledge their ancestry, we have to respect that. It's also funny that as soon as government benefits became more widely available the wider community suddenly started calling them "white" for the first time.

And yes, I know these things have happened throughout world history, but the difference here is that it is in our country, the process was very well documented with defined dates and events, and we are now in a position to do something about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts