SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Highrise Resident
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
^^ I think the lanes are separated unlike Tohid tunnel where they're visible through the concrete columns. Also the photographer has used a wideangle lens, just compare the scale of the tunnel with the workers in the 5th photo.

Light traffic won't happen until people learn how to drive properly and appreciate public transport. I walk at least 5 km a day, very few people are willing to take a 20 minute walk in Tehran.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
i agree.iranians(in general) need to learn to be more active and leave laziness. but the public transporting machines are already over-used.im referring to the bus's and metro's crowd.I agree about the proper driving too_Once 2,3 drivers didn't respect the driving rules in a square(in Tabriz)-which has a normal traffic-and made the traffic stop and after an hour there was a traffic jam in every four directions in a couple of miles from the sq.!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
^^It's not laziness I think. Be nazaram oon farhange ranandegi ro hame nadaran. Fekr mikonan ke hey dam be dam line avaz kardono ina zerrangi hastesh ke zoodtar be maghsadeshoon beressan, dar haali ke aslan ham in tor nist.
Chizi ke bara man jaleb hast ine ke harja ke police bishtar control mikone o jarime mikone, bishtar movazeban. Pas natije migirim ke police rahnamayy-ranandegi bayad sakhtgirtar bashe (ke khoshbakhtane nesbat be ghablan kheili behtar shode).

·
Registered
1 Posts
:eek:hno:This last photo is certainly not from Amir Kabir Tunnel in Tehran, but from the crossover cavern of Gotthard Rail Tunnel in Switzerland. See the logo of the contractor on the left and compare with this one: http://www.tat-ti.ch

Construction started in 2009 and currently the progress is 60-70% (Source)

Tunnel length is 2.2km, connecting Tehran Bazzar to North Tehran (E. Ali Hwy).

snip

·
Highrise Resident
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:eek:hno:This last photo is certainly not from Amir Kabir Tunnel in Tehran, but from the crossover cavern of Gotthard Rail Tunnel in Switzerland. See the logo of the contractor on the left and compare with this one: http://www.tat-ti.ch
Thanks for clarifying.

----

Seems like all the photos I posted are gone. I'll replace the dead links later when their source is upgraded.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts