SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
its one of the few stadiums in my opinion that really doesnt need a roof
its grandeur will be reduced with a roof in my opinion

part of the beauty is the bowl opening to the sky with such a way

even if a roof is to be installed, i think a roof along the long sides would be best (and the two goal ends open

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They shouldn't touch Azadi unless to maintain it. What makes Azadi, Azadi, is the concrete hallways, steep stands, and the view of mountains. If they add a roof or anything it will no longer feel or be THE Azadi we love and everyone fears

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What about replacing the track by stands (with the pitch a lower level)?
That is a good suggestion, it would increase the capacity to around 90,000 as well.

I think the best case scenario for Azadi in 15-20 years becomes that Esteghlal and Persepolis both move out and build their own stadiums and Azadi becomes like Wembley or Saint Denis, where it is only used for Cup Finals and Team Melli games.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Repairs to 2 sections of Azadi Stadium.
They will upgrade and reinforce the whole stadium this way over 2 years.

Photos from Varzesh3 website.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
azadi stadium went a quick 1 month facelift thanks to the force from AFC, which required certain updates for the champions league final between persepolis and kashima (nov 10)

here are some photos
major repainting, new seats for the VIP area, new lighting in hallways and renovated entrance area, renovations of the media and suites, some treatments to the grass, cleaning of the seats and concrete and new gates and also a new platform for medal/trophy ceremony

1 - 20 of 25 Posts