SkyscraperCity banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
What's up with the ugly bus route+destinations band on every single bus? why can't we use the LED screens properly like every other modern system outside of Iran? Then they can reassign bus and have variable routes on stretches with different frequencies and move buses around in different routes based on needs. For example, we can have a line 7-1 from Rahahan to chaharrah valiasr, so that there is a higher frequency of buses in that stretch without crowding northern parts of valiasr that have a lesser need and no khatte vizhe, or a line 1-1 from meydan emam hoseyn through damavand as that section has no metro line 4 and may require more bus services, or all sorts of other combinations.
Great point about frequency and not needing a designated lane in Valiasr. It would be amazing to free up the landmark street of the whole country from all that clutter. I can't see how the whole length of the avenue could not be designated as historic site and put under preservation orders! I am quite serious, can you imagine all the trees put back in throughout and the sidewalks standardised. The historic and international significance is there 100% and I think there will be a massive public approval for the move. There is a small residents type group that can be hugely encouraged to grow through conservation movements and even holding festivals on the original anniversary of the street opening.....imagination running wild!!

Would be a great start to see less of all these barriers in all the colours under the sun. I know it saves lives by making them visible and all that but somehow we have to cut the cord*. Iranian road manners are worst then a Neanderthals at a dinner table sadly.

* it's an English expression referring to birth of a baby. It means stop mothering them basically. In case the meaning gets lost in translation. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Some months ago, I took BRT several times, it was so crowded. Very often, I had to let 2 buses in order to enter in the 3rd that was also very crowded.

Someone else told me he took the BRT at 11am last week (not the peak hours) in the valiasr line, and the same thing occured : very crowded despite bus coming every 2min.

How people could let their cars for public transports if even with a high frequency and a relatively good capacity in the vehicule, it remains overcrowded?! :dunno:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Some months ago, I took BRT several times, it was so crowded. Very often, I had to let 2 buses in order to enter in the 3rd that was also very crowded.

Someone else told me he took the BRT at 11am last week (not the peak hours) in the valiasr line, and the same thing occured : very crowded despite bus coming every 2min.

How people could let their cars for public transports if even with a high frequency and a relatively good capacity in the vehicule, it remains overcrowded?! :dunno:
Well, since it's crowded, that's a good indication that people are using public transport...lol.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
what would be a solution? more buses? bigger buses? more lines? metro bus ? more frequency?

i searched metro bus and this came up
AKIA buses, apparently owned 80% by a tabrizi firm
Akia Hess Otomotiv Karoser Imalat San. ve Tic Ltd is based in Bursa and is 80% owned by Akia of Tabriz in Iran and 20% by the Turkish Ulasim concern which has a workshop and support network.
http://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/busworld-turkey-2016/

why cant they bring these in iran?
http://akia.ir (website)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Is that a bus or a space ship? The BRT buses are pretty basic. I'm guessing it would cost hundreds of millions of dollars to replace them with those spaceship buses!!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Tehran BRT is crap. I had to stand the whole way for more than 1 hour.
Capacity issues are bad, but you have to admit it is very efficient to get around.
The thing I like about it is that difference classes of people take it - from doctors to laborers to teachers to office workers to students to engineers...

Really the public transit ridership levels are something remarkable for study.

·
Persian Gulf
2,499 Posts
Capacity issues are bad, but you have to admit it is very efficient to get around.
The thing I like about it is that difference classes of people take it - from doctors to laborers to teachers to office workers to students to engineers...

Really the public transit ridership levels are something remarkable for study.
Don't get me wrong. I didn't mean the system is bad. It is great to have bus only lines and fast movement from north to south. As you said the capacity is the problem. It is full even at 2/3 PM on a summer day.

I personally prefer personal car anytime.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
tehrans public transportation is world class
The metro is 100% world class. However their is a huge deficit when it comes to busses. People have no regard for BRT lines and I always see cars driving in the BRT lane. Also there is not enough regular bus lines.

However the good news is, the tramcars are returning to central Tehran!!

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION icludes BRT,busses,metro and the taxis/believe me bro it is worldclass.compare it with other capitals and you will find it in the top 15
No, when there is no screen in the metro station plateform to inform when will arrive the next trains, you cannot speak about world class.

When they changed the names of metro station on the speaker of the metro and not of the map, dito.

When you can not see (neither on the BRT nor through the window), the name of the station you are arriving, dito.

When the BRT/Metro are so crowded even when it is not in rush hour, dito.

·
Registered
176 Posts
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION icludes BRT,busses,metro and the taxis/believe me bro it is worldclass.compare it with other capitals and you will find it in the top 15

Being in the top 15 capital city public transports doesn't make Tehran world class. I wouldn't even say it's in the top 15.

Melbourne as an example has a better public transport than Canberra. Sydney too! And they arent the capital cities of Australia.

·
Registered
176 Posts

And also "believe me bro" Tehran taxis are shocking. If and when they change all the taxis in Tehran to the hybrid toyotos, then I'll be impressed. Right now you are probably being nostalgic or waaaaay underestimating other countries. A fleet of peageut 406 and Samands are not world class! The only place in Tehran that I saw good taxis was in front of Palladium where they had the hybrid toyotos.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts