SkyscraperCity banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
World Class in terms of fancy gadgets or level of service and availability and reach?

Trust me for a city of its size, Tehran's entire public transport network is quite remarkable. Yes there are capacity issues, but there are municipalities and cities worldwide that would love to have the ridership numbers Tehran has.

One of few things in Iran we have going in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Feasibility study being done to turn BRT line from Raahan to Tajrish into LRT. Basically a tramline. Yehhhh!!

The results are due soon also. There is another study group that has been commissioned to make public transport ESP on BRT lines more disable friendly with introduction of Braille signage as well as reactive pavement pads at the stops. The new batch of buses will have better provisions too. I like like and like.

The article is in Finantial Tribune from last week. Couldn't link it sorry.

But it seems the idea is taken really seriously and the turn around is less than a year for both. Incredible if it happens. But there is more.

There are plans for a circular LRT line around the old Tehran boundaries ie the core city centre. That could also happen very fast. The time needed with digging for metro almost makes this necessary even if later a metro line is put in. It sounds as if the upward reallocation of transportation budgets just passed will hurry rail and urban rail transport immediately too. The really astonishing extra tidbit is the budgets have provisions for overshoots which is a first in Iran I think!!

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Half of Tehran BRT Awaiting Renovation

More than half the buses plying the Tehran Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) network are dilapidated and add to air pollution in the megalopolis, begging for renovation, head of Tehran Bus Company says.

Peiman Sanandaji told YJC of 1,250 BRT buses in the capital around 700 were built more than a decade ago. "They should either be phased out or get repaired."

Close to 6,000 buses are in the Tehran public transportation fleet and more than 9,000 are needed for decent service.

https://financialtribune.com/articles/people/96919/half-of-tehran-brt-awaiting-renovation

121 - 128 of 128 Posts