SkyscraperCity banner

5101 - 5120 of 12321 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
:)

Hi Chris- I need your help, can u translate what this church is for in tehran, it writes in Greek. Thank you :)

from Panoramio

it says
greek orthodox church evangelismos
i saw this church on tv when they talked about the small greek community which is still there:)

·
Persian 44
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,107 ·
A Jewish wedding in Tehran- There are 50,000 Jewish people living in tehran down from 150,000 before the Islamic revolution 30 years ago. After the revolution most Jewish Persians went to L.A & New York.

This is a wedding in one of Tehran's Jewish Temples

This is a regular persian wedding- this is the ceremony

A bride to be trying on a dress in a bridal shop in Tehran

·
Persian 44
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,110 ·
At Tehran's Golf Course

From Panoramio

Milade Noor Shopping Centre in West of Tehran

Tirajeh Shopping Mall in the west as well

Central Tehran

it says
greek orthodox church evangelismos
i saw this church on tv when they talked about the small greek community which is still there:)

Great. Thank you so much :)

·
286,704 Posts
Very nice photos alitezar and thanks a lot, epsecially golf ones :cheers:

Hi Chris- I need your help, can u translate what this church is for in tehran, it writes in Greek. Thank you :)

Easy... it says: Greek Orthodox Church, Evaggelismos :)

·
Iran, cradle of humanity
653 Posts
no i am greek but i have persian friends in greece and canada:)
I know you are Greek and I also know that your name is a very popular Greek name.
I only asked you the question because I knew a Greek guy with your name who came to Iran to visit his aunt ( who lived in Iran at the time) and stayed in Iran. He lived in Iran for at least 7 years and he had learned to speak Farsi as good as any Iranian. He went to high school in Tehran. He left Iran a year before I did, in 1981. I never heard from him again.

·
Registered
228 Posts
:)

I know you are Greek and I also know that your name is a very popular Greek name.
I only asked you the question because I knew a Greek guy with your name who came to Iran to visit his aunt ( who lived in Iran at the time) and stayed in Iran. He lived in Iran for at least 7 years and he had learned to speak Farsi as good as any Iranian. He went to high school in Tehran. He left Iran a year before I did, in 1981. I never heard from him again.
no i am not this yianni but i wish to come visit this great land with incredible people, history ,and culture:)

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
WOW!

Gr8 pics Alitezar keep them coming:cheers:

The first images I get about Iran dates back to my childhood. I remember those images of Farah Diva and the Sha Reza in the cover of a Hello Magazine...they seem sober and elegant, like real kings (Cant remember, but I think they already were living outside the country and the article was about Farah Divas life in Paris I think).. .....................................Its good to know the country is much more than the bad news we get in the western media.

Aaaanndd persian girls are HOT!:banana:......dont know about the Arab-Iranians but the Persians looks perfect for me.

Cheers from Mexique.

5101 - 5120 of 12321 Posts