SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1140 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preliminary studies including Tehran’s socio-economic and traffic condition and forecast up to 1991 began by Sofretu and RATP in 1971.

In 1974, final report with a so-called (street-metro) proposal was tendered.
The street-metro system recommended a road network with a loop express way in the central area and 2 highways for new urban areas and a 7-line metro network which were complemented by bus network and taxi services. Geological surveys commenced in 1976, but construction stopped during the period of the revolution and Iran-Iraq war.

In 1995, contract for E & M for Lines 1, 2 and 5. 1999, Tehran - Karaj suburban line (Line 5) was officially inaugurated. 2000, Mobilization of the western part of Line 2 between Sadeghieh and Imam Khomeini stations. 2001, Line 1 from Darvazeh Dolat to Ali abad with 8.5 km length was mobilized. 2002, Putting into operation of Line 1 from Mirdamad to Darvazeh Dolat with 6.5 km length, Putting into operation of Line 1 from Ali abad to Shahr-e-Rey with 3.9 km length, Mobilization of West Terminal. 2003, Putting into operation of Line 1 from Shahr-e-Rey to Haram-e-Motahar with 6.9 km length. 2004, Putting into operation of Line 2 from Imam Khomeini to Baharestan with 2 km length. 2005, Putting into operation of Iran Khodro station (Line 5), Putting into operation of Line 5 from Karaj to Golshahr with 10 km length.

Official Site - TehranMetro.com

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some images..

Tunnel under construction

CCTV room

Ali Abad stairs and escalator

Mirdamad station

Imam Khomeini station

Entrance to train

Crowded wagon

Terminal-e Jonoub, Platform view

Imam Khomeini platform

Hassan Abad station

Ali Abad exit

Beheshti Corridor

Terminal-e Jonoub Corridor

Vardavard station

Haft-e-Tir Corridor

Ticketing Gate

Metro Ticket

Ticket Hall Imam Khomeini

Khayam station

New train line 1

Locomotive line 5

Artwork

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The electric trains used by the system have a stoppage time of 60 seconds in each station which will be reduced to 30 seconds gradually. Total transport capacity of line 1 is 640,000 passengers per day. The trains of the western half of the line are each made up of 11 compartments and seven wagons, with a total capacity of 1,290 seated and standing passengers. The maximum speed of the trains is 80 km per hour which will be tempered to an average of 37 km per hour due to stoppages at stations along its route.

The current 5 line system was completed in March 2005, totalling 90 km with 52 stations.

According to Hashemi Bahramani, Chairman & Managing Director of Tehran Urban & Suburban Railway Co., the long-term plans include four more lines and five extensions, which would link the capital to nearby towns. He hopes to put together a public-private partnership under which the municipal authorities would fund the tunnelling, the private sector the stations and national government the mechanical and electrical equipment.
Line 1 would be extended north from Mirdamad to Shariati and south from Haram-e-Motahar to Imam Khomeini Airport, with a suburban feeder continuing to Vavan. Line 2 would continue east from Dardasht to connect with a suburban line to Damavand and Pardis. Line 3 would be extended southwest from Javadieh to Sharyar, and Line 4 from Azadi Square to the domestic airport. Suburban Line 5 would be extended west from Mehrshahr to Hashtgerd.
Line 6 is planned to link Bokharaei in the southeast with Sadeghieh in the northwest, parallelling parts of Lines 1 and 2. Line 7 would loop through the southwest part of the city, connecting Takhti Stadium with Yousef Abad. Line 8 would parallel Line 7, connecting Moshiryeh with Azadi Square via Nazi Abad. Line 9 would also start from Moshiryeh and provide an outer orbital in the northeast sector. Another suburban route would run southeast from Moshiryeh to Varamin.

·
2,670 Posts
TEHRAN (IRIB News) -- The first phase of the Middle East biggest terminal for repairing Metro trains was inaugurated Wednesday (6th of July) in an area of 56,000 square meters in south Tehran.
The managing director of Tehran and Suburbs Metro Company Mohsen Hashemi said in the opening ceremony that the first phase had cost 40 billion Rials and some 5 million dollars had been allocated to provide the equipments of this sector.
He expressed hope that the current 80-kilometer Metro line be extended to 90 kilometers by the end of the current Iranian year (ending in Mars 20, 2006).

"We plan to create a subway assembly line in this area to provide the wagons needed in the country."

·
Registered
327 Posts
Terhans Metro

It's impressive that you just build that in 7 years..
The subway is very young and will probably be extended in the future. But as it is today, does it cover the need, did it ease the traffic stock in the citycenter significally? What do you think?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
^^ as u said its impressive for what its become in 7 years. The Tehran - Karaj route is very good, and eases traffic slightly in the Bazaar area of Tehran, yet traffic is still really bad, I think part of the problem is single user cars, as in rush hour most of the cars have only one passenger. The bus service needs to be improved significantly imo. Once the metro spans more of Tehran itd be better, closest station to my appt in tehran is at Abbas Abad, i think thatl be the mirdamad station, not sure... i believe theyr doing construction up at Tajrish, which is really far uptown.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am in aquittance with one engeneer, Irania, who was educated in Czech republic and than went to Iran after 79 till 90´s he struggled with fact, that more than technical priorities corruption and clientelism was more importent and despite fact, they ofered him very high post, he decide to leave this project, so now he was very happy when I told him about progress of Tehran metro.

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
I dont think so... Tehran will never have normal traffic i think (only when they start taking away the road lines and starting replacing them with metro, light rail lines... Just like they are doing now in Belgium

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
yeah... well (i could start talking about 100.000.000.000.000 that wherent build because of your earlier told mistake) but this isnt a political thread so well i hope it will be build in the futur =D

·
Persian Gulf
2,499 Posts
shayan said:
yeah... well (i could start talking about 100.000.000.000.000 that wherent build because of your earlier told mistake) but this isnt a political thread so well i hope it will be build in the futur =D
ye i mean it could have helped the traffic a lot. another way of solving traffic is to built more shahraks such as shahrgerd and building more freeways.

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
yeah it could but building more freeways isnt the way to solve the problem. People need to start thinking differently and people should start prefering the sub way over the road, and the only way of doing that is making the sub way really atractive and the roads really un atractive

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
^^ tehrans problems will eventually sort themselves out, like Persian said, they need to promote the suburbs, get ppl out of the city centre. ppl will eventually start to do this because tehran is getting more polouted every year, so the suburbs will have a better quality of life, i even got a chest infection over xmass when i was in tehran :S but yeh we learnt in A-level geography that naturally people will start moving out to suburbs :p

1 - 20 of 1140 Posts