SkyscraperCity banner

1081 - 1100 of 1130 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello :)

Whoop, whoop! Line 6 is open... in the usual Iranian Way with only some stations.

Do we know what stations will be next?

Is it entirely in tunnels?

Any pictures from the first stations?

·
Iranophile
42 Posts
So I found some old articles from 2019 mentioning an extension of metro line 3 from Azadegan to Eslamshahr.
First from January'19: Subway to Link 1 More South Tehran District | Financial Tribune
...and another summary article referencing the same wording from September'19: Tehran, Qom Investing in Public Transport Expansion | Eghtesad Online
But then there's the 2041 metro network vision plan (بازنگری طرح جامع ریلی تهران (tehran.ir) ) which doesn't show that extension. And @NFZANMNIM mentioned in this thread in 2017 that the plan for this extension has been scrapped. I cannot find any traces of construction on satellite imagery either. So what's the deal with the Line 3 extension to the South?

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts

·
Iranophile
42 Posts
Thanks for digging this up. A lot of expectations to next year then.
The Ekbatan depot mentioned in your article has already made some good progress so at least this goal should be realistic: http://www.tehranpicture.ir/en/albu...t-and-only-underground-parking-of-city-trains
I doubt anything will be done with line 3 North and South extensions though since I haven't even seen plans on the alignment of these yet.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Of course I still doubt all the projects will be done on time but if there is advancement, it will be better than nothing.

Anyways I will try to update the forum

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Seven Subway Stations for Tehran
Despite facing a cash crunch and other headwinds, Tehran’s subway expansion has continued over the past few months and seven stations will soon come on stream

Seven stations in Tehran’s subway network will become operational next month, the head of Tehran Metro Company said.

Visiting subway construction sites on Saturday, Ali Emam added that after the installation of elevators, escalators and signage, the stations will come on stream, IRIB News reported.

According to Emam, the stations are namely Sattari, Ashrafi Esfahani, Yadegar-e Emam and Shahrak-e Azmayesh in the northwest section of Line 6 and Ahang, Mahallati and Qiam Square in the southeast flank of Line 7.

“Besides the stations, a second entrance will be added to Sanat Square Station in Line 7,” he added.

Line 6 will be the longest line in the subway network, stretching over 38 km with 27 stations upon completion. It connects Shahr-e Rey in southeast Tehran to the famed Sulaqan rural district in the northwest.

At a later stage, the line will expand to Shah Abdol-Azim Shrine in the ancient district of Rey in southern Tehran.

The 27-km Line 7, which connects the northwest to southeastern parts of Tehran, will have 25 stations after completion.

1081 - 1100 of 1130 Posts