SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
greetings from Chile .Beautiful pictures. Tehran city seems Santiago of Chile. Days ago I was watching some photographies and I was surprised with mountains, buildings and streets from that city.
I would like to visit it some day.
:banana: regards :lol:

·
Highrise Resident
2,057 Posts
I don't see much beauty in old Tehran to be honest, the city's infrastructure and urban landscape is comparable to small American towns in that time. I do like the old Qajar buildings though, hopefully we'll see plenty of those restored with the Lalehzar St plan.

·
Highrise Resident
2,057 Posts
im not talking about the infastructure, im just looking at the "reekhto ghiafe" of the city, surely tehran lacked new yorks infastructure at the time, but the city was more closed in, far less crowded, poluted, it was clean and sweet
Sadly not even close to Baltimore, but it's nice to see a more quiet and traditional city like you said.

Naser Khosro St. - Early 1930s
A mural of this photo is painted on the side of one of the street's buildings today. Shamsol Emareh tower can be seen in the background, it used to be Tehran's tallest building at that time.

A drugstore - Circa early 1920s

Amjadiyeh sports stadium - Circa 1935-1936

Lalehzar st. - Circa 1940s

South end of Naderi intersection and south end of the British embassy - Circa late 1930s.

Tajrish - Circa 1940s

http://www.kavehfarrokh.com/iranica/pictures-of-iran/photos-of-old-tehran-1920s-1940s/

·
Highrise Resident
2,057 Posts

·
Highrise Resident
2,057 Posts

·
Highrise Resident
2,057 Posts

·
Highrise Resident
2,057 Posts