SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
^^The orange cars (=probably the taxis) are noticable. I wonder what type of car it is. It seems not to be cheap... .

·
Registered
452 Posts
^^From wide away it looks like an expensive old car, but with a closer look (from wikipedia), I see that it's not so luxurious :D It's somehow strange that I haven't seen it anywhere yet...

·
Registered
452 Posts
^^Yes, I can imagine that..., but then it was used as a taxi, meaning that there was even less space! Amma mogheyy ke fekresho mikonam ghablan 9 nafare too ye gian mishastan... :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
Amazing how things have changed and developed through this time! But the way how people drive seems to be like this even in those times.

·
Highrise Resident
2,057 Posts
Ferdowsi Square and Ritz hotel

Photographs by Mahmoud Pakzad / Iran in image

Ferdowsi sq. - Circa 1950s
Tehran Ferdowsi Square 1950s; The old sitting statue of Ferdowsi, great Iranian poet that revived Persian language was replaced around 1960s. Ferdowsi is looking southbound, and the shadows indicate it must be 1-2 in the afternoon. The unknown photographer took this nice picture standing at the south-west corner of the square looking towards Darvazeh Dowlat. Mountains are visible at the end of the Enghelab st. The sign of Kelly tyres hangs on the right in front of a pharmacy and the sign on the left hand side 4 story building reads Lida Co. The 4th floor corner is shaped inwards unlike other floors to make more space for a balcony. The tall gray building further westward is the Royal Cinema.

Iranian Historical Photographs Gallery / Fouman

Imperial Bank Persia Chief Office (Currently Tejarat Bank) - 1938

Iranian Historical Photographs Gallery / Fouman

41 - 60 of 72 Posts