SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Im don´t like the design and I don´t really get it! Why do they design these buildings like it is the 18th century??! It looks like something taken out of New York in 1880 or something. This building has a totally outdated design. It is rather pathetic to build something with such an old design today in 2012!

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Im don´t like the design and I don´t really get it! Why do they design these buildings like it is the 18th century??! It looks like something taken out of New York in 1880 or something. This building has a totally outdated design. It is rather pathetic to build something with such an old design today in 2012!
its not pathetic if they build a real classic building in its correct proportions (4 stories or something around that) like the 1900s , but yes, on this scale with a cheap imitation with no real study of classical architecture its just too vulnerable to become hideous

·
Registered
78 Posts
dislike!

doste aziz chera in jori fekr mikonid?
shahre tehran borjhaye ba namaye moderne ziadi dare va in jor borj ha ba in nama ,namaye shahr ro besyar ziba mikone.
chizi ke hezaran ta azash dar donya hast borje ba namaye modern hast vali be joz aseman kharash haye balaye 200-250 metr borj haye dige nazare kasi ro jalb nemikone
in borj ba tavajoh be aks beyne 15 ta 20 tabaghe hast. hala shoma in borj ro ba hamin ertefa be yek borj ba namaye modern va 2012 tabdil konid. chizi ke bish az 30-40 ta azash dar tehran hast (borj 15 ta 20 tabaghe ba namaye jadid) vali nazare kasi ro jalb nemikone.

thx

·
Registered
277 Posts
dislike!

doste aziz chera in jori fekr mikonid?
shahre tehran borjhaye ba namaye moderne ziadi dare va in jor borj ha ba in nama ,namaye shahr ro besyar ziba mikone.
chizi ke hezaran ta azash dar donya hast borje ba namaye modern hast vali be joz aseman kharash haye balaye 200-250 metr borj haye dige nazare kasi ro jalb nemikone
in borj ba tavajoh be aks beyne 15 ta 20 tabaghe hast. hala shoma in borj ro ba hamin ertefa be yek borj ba namaye modern va 2012 tabdil konid. chizi ke bish az 30-40 ta azash dar tehran hast (borj 15 ta 20 tabaghe ba namaye jadid) vali nazare kasi ro jalb nemikone.

thx
I see your point yet I have to admit, I don´t like this design at all. It is something that belonged to the 19th century, not now!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PROMA Huge Tourism and Business Center (29 floors)

This Project, Located in Shiraz Shomali, Mollasadra St, Tehran, was Considered by outstanding Consellors in 1384.
They fulfilled the Primary undertakings for expounding its Plan.
The legal Grounds for Constraction was taken during 1385-86.
In 1387 , by equipping a workshop, this Complex with an area of 10 thousand m² in 28 floors, in the following forms, requiring for a Tourism Center, was started to build.
This Center Contains:
1. A Commercial Complex, 10.000 m², including a Chain Store- Shopping Center – and lobby, in 3 floors with a special desing and several Coffe Shops and 30 Cashes.Also another 2 floors including,Shops and Hotel botiques.
2. A Collection of recreational Center,restaurants and its fast foods.
3. A Collection of halls and Cinemas with 3 saloons, modern wedding and Conference halls.
4. A Central Restaurant in the fifth floor with several waterfronts.
5. A "HOTEL ROOM" Collection , located in the main tower, with an attractive Void in the Center, and appropriate width for the light absorption, and Creating a suitable and fun atmosphere.
6. A "Sport Complex" with Two swimming pools, bodybuilding halls and gym.
7. Parking area with Capacity of 680 Vehicles
At the end of each floor, there is a very Luxurious restaurant with 105m heigh in two floors, with the Landscape View around and Night Perspective.
It is remarkable that the Hotel Systems are Completely in telligent, and Central Control is Possible for the guests.
For the User's ease, 14 Separate elevators in Diffrent Parts are Predicted, and 8 escalators in Containuous transmission System will Constantly work for the Visitors and Customers of the Hotel and Stores. This will be exploited to the next 3 years..

http://www.promacenter.com/tabid/124/Default.aspx

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
TEHR_IR said:
I like such buildings more than those pointless boring glass buildings....
I agree it's not very Iranian the style but better than they usually build...
usually? iran hardly has any real modern building. a tall one

all of them are mock ups with concrete sides

if this turns out like thr africa blvd building i like it but from the renders it looks like a poor imitation

its not the style its the way they build the style
they can make this look good but also with some easy mistakes they can make it like a childish nightmare

·
Golfo_Persico
2,374 Posts
^^

we do have alot of modern buildings, being modern isn't defined as using glass and steel.
this building has in my opinion much more character for example than a plain glass/steel building, also Iran has many projects going on which are modern and tall, but I guess it's a matter of taste, and it's diffrent from person to person, so I do respect your opinion, I just said mine :)

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
na migam ke moderne khoobe besiar kame, we have "modern" but not many of them are good,

i personally like the old look style im saying its just really difficult to pull it off properly :) but this scale and size its just hideous
infact they have a very tehran-ness to them

i also like this style (good mix of traditional and modern) , which is my favorite for tehran

http://www.persiatours.com/galleries_iran_tehran.htm

·
Registered
178 Posts
^^They should have these styles of skyscrapers (but taller) all over Tehran. To give it a sense of identity and unity. Also Tehran is missing a nice financial district or something to give it a nice skyline. I personally think they should build a large row of tall skyscrapers along the banks of the District 22 lake (maybe next to that bridge they are building). That will look awesome :)

·
a tangy drink!
4,263 Posts
The style is awful! :( Architects designing large modern buildings like this should be fired. You find this crap all over Russia and other despotic, former Soviet, nouveau riche countries. Large modern buildings should be contemporary in style not great big neo-classical wedding cakes. They make me sick..

·
a tangy drink!
4,263 Posts
Really pissed about kind of stuff that is being built in Tehran right now. This building could never be built in the developed world. Could you imagine them building a disgusting monstrosity like this in Berlin or Osaka? The developer would be slapped down and told to go and rethink the entire project. This infantile pile of sh*t would be fine scaled down as a play house crèche in a shopping mall (perhaps painted pink), but its not architecture for adults. When Tehran becomes full of this rubbish, it will be a terrible mark of immaturity and bad taste.

·
Highrise Resident
2,057 Posts
I still hope the construction activity will halt at some point until the developers revise the design. Afterall the municipality is strongly against this type of architecture so it'd be no surprise unless there was some nasty way to get through them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts