1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
nice 34 floors.

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
white like any other structure in Tehran...

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
EKBATANI said:
It'll take at least 5 years

they never finish in time in Iran
Hey welcome to SSC Iran... khosh amadi :) Hope we got another active member ;)

Yeh aparently burj e milad will be finished.. now?! lol, they take their time for everything

·
2,670 Posts
Why in God's name do they continue with this white stuff with the high level of blackening air pollution they have?
What's the point in hiring good architechts when you can get it done cheap? :D People are gonna flock to buy the apartments anyway, might aswell maximize the profit. :sleepy:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had always wondered the same thing, then later after asking my uncle an civil engineer in tehran found out that there is a limit on a design of a building in Iran, The government will not approve the project if it resembles "western" like buildings, there are special rules and regulations that architects have to go by. That's why there are not much variety in tehran as for design.

·
2,670 Posts
I had always wondered the same thing, then later after asking my uncle an civil engineer in tehran found out that there is a limit on a design of a building in Iran, The government will not approve the project if it resembles "western" like buildings, there are special rules and regulations that architects have to go by. That's why there are not much variety in tehran as for design.
Oh really? Well then could you explain how the plenty of post-modernistic buildings which have sprung up in Tehran got there?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Like I said it's what I've heard! I also do agree with you that there are some "Post-Modernistic" buildings in tehran! But how widely do you see them! Name me a few! My uncle even told me that "melli complex tower" In former africa square had so much conterversy for it's approval due to it's none traditional design according to islamic republic. what exacly do you also mean by Post-Modernistic! What i'd take that as Tall symmetrical tower with glass exterior. How many of those can you find in Tehran!

·
Banned
68 Posts
The government will not approve the project if it resembles "western" like buildings, there are special rules and regulations that architects have to go by.
They still look like Western buildings to me... only they're poorly designed Western buildings from 40 decades ago. Are plain white slabs of concrete part of traditional Iranian architecture? Or are they trying to look like Commie blocks because 'my enemy's enemy is my friend'?

·
2,670 Posts
Like I said it's what I've heard! I also do agree with you that there are some "Post-Modernistic" buildings in tehran! But how widely do you see them! Name me a few! My uncle even told me that "melli complex tower" In former africa square had so much conterversy for it's approval due to it's none traditional design according to islamic republic. what exacly do you also mean by Post-Modernistic! What i'd take that as Tall symmetrical tower with glass exterior. How many of those can you find in Tehran!

Im not sure whether you insinuate that all Tehran have to offer are white slabs of concrete, In which case I'll be more than happy to show you around the chique parts of the city. :D

I dont know if if you're aware that most of what is being built/has been built are residental estates by property owners who are investing in their lands. As they are private projects it's up to the land owners to decide how much money to invest in the design/quality. They're more interested in building cheap and making higher profits - $ is be all and ends all...

The designs of some buildings related to government institutions are more "decadent" than any other buildings in the city.

Navigation ministry of IR Iran

Central Bank of Iran

Tax collection ministry

etc.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts