SkyscraperCity banner

401 - 420 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
^^^^

The Transit Factor is quite interesting and new to me you know. I was following a piece on Dubai's plans and this was not even mentioned but it detailed the Saudi factor etc and I must say the plans are just mind blowing in terms of scale. It's so unpredictable these days with just one idiotic act the world goes into a tailspin. Mad.

On the IKIA, the domestic flights will go through the roof I expect. It's already quite significant I know. The only thing is, I think they have been quite wise not to tender out the project so western companies can bid too. The Iranian know how is really based on reverse engineering most products and it really works well with gadgets, machinery etc. but with construction, there are gaps that can not be reverse engineered and experience makes perfect. Chinese builds are functional but tend to follow the same design over and over and it's pot luck if yours is done really well or ends up not quite up to scratch. The usual problem with state controlled companies in the end!

Also the timing seems to favour this if it all goes to plan I think. Domestic terminals are much much easier and quicker to build and operate as well thankfully because honestly just looking at pictures of what there is right now is enough to make you sigh really really loud.

·
Registered
650 Posts
New terminal looks horrible if you compare how new terminals look everwhere else (from Doha, Dubai, Abu Dhabi to Far East, to London or anywhere really).

Our designs are comparable to poor third world countries. Airport still has no overground train after over 10 years being operational and being in the desert.

I am sure the interior will be even worse because it will be controlled by Sepah. Current terminal has few toilets, signs are all wrong, spelling mistakes, entry and exits are narrow. It's just horrible.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey dude, chera akhe keshvare ma in hame adame gharb parast dare man nemifahmam. Man na siasiam va na ozve hokoomat ya chizi. vali akhe chera shoma hame chiro baste be keshvare sazandash (country of origin) ghezavat mikonid. yani chi havapeimaye rusi? havapeimaha baham fargh daran. modelesh, khosoosiate fanish, gheimatesh, ina hame moheman. che farghi dare age chin zade bashe ya amrica ya rusie. Enghad rajebe chizi ke nemidoonid lotfan nazar nadid. Man nemigam man chizi rajebe havapeima midunam vali khod hadeaghal rajebesh enghad nazare karshenasane nemidam. Ye kam herfei tar hadeaghal bahs konid ke mokhatab hadeaghal jazb beshe. In site ghablan kheily behtar bud. Alan shode faghat harfaye bikhodi. har thread ke baz mikoni hamash az in darivaria neveshte shode. Soroush shoma leadere ma tu in site hasti, yekam lotfan modiriat kon.

·
Persia
909 Posts
The Sukhoi will be used on domestic routes, that's why they need lots of 100 seater planes to offer a lot of frequencies between domestic destinations.

These planes has to be cost efficient and that's why the Sukhoi is the best choice.
Bombardier and Embraer are too expensive in terms of purchase, fuel burn , but also in terms of cargo load.

On an international level I agree, for routes outside of Iran, we should only purchase Airbus and Boeing to keep up with the other world class airlines.

However, people don't rate airlines based on their aircraft type, but on the service they get.

You might have dozens of the newest Airbus and Boeing planes, but if you can't offer a good service, you'll still be a 2 star airline.

The reason why Emirates, Qatar, Etihad don't have small planes like the Sukhoi is because they don't have a domestic network which is as huge as in Iran + when they use their big planes for regional routes for example Doha-Dubai the plane is half empty most of the time...

How in the world is that efficient??
Donya faghat Emarat o Qatare?
There are many countries that use Airbus and Boeing for their domestic flights, from South American countries to Turkey.

The Sukhoi Superjets are designed to compete with Bombardier or Embraer, but the aircraft series hasn't been a commercial success yet, so that means Bombardier or Embraer are far better than Sukhoi Superjets. Iran should buy aircraft from Canada or Brazil for the domestic flights.

If these Sukhoi Superjets are cheaper,
If it's more efficient ,
If they don't have enough money to purchase Airbus/Boeing planes,
or if because "Russia is our ally", then that's another story...but please, don't say that using Bombardier or Embraer for domestic flights is not a wise decision because we all know it is.

Anyway, since we don't know how many planes they will buy from Airbus, it would be better to wait and see. They have offered 100 Superjets from Russia, let's see how many planes they will buy from France.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Donya faghat Emarat o Qatare?
Actually yes, as they have the biggest market share and are ranked as 5 star airlines years on a row.

But this still doesn't mean they are efficient as they can afford their planes to be empty as they are state owned companies.

There are many countries that use Airbus and Boeing for their domestic flights, from South American countries to Turkey.
Turkey is different as they transport a lot of international travellers as well between their domestic destinations + they need the seats to fill the demand as almost all airports in Turkey are connected to major european and regional destinations, which is not the case for Iran.

Economically, the sukhoi is much more efficient, and that's a fact...
You just have to look it up and compare it to Embraer and Bombardier.

The Sukhoi Superjets are designed to compete with Bombardier or Embraer, but the aircraft series hasn't been a commercial success yet, so that means Bombardier or Embraer are far better than Sukhoi Superjets. Iran should buy aircraft from Canada or Brazil for the domestic flights.
Why is the Sukhoi not a commercial success?

Until now it has 358 on order and 66 delivered while Bombardier stands at 243 orders and 0 delivered yet with their Cseries.

The Superjet is much cheaper to buy and maintain, burns less fuel and its economics are just superb.

If these Sukhoi Superjets are cheaper,
If it's more efficient ,
If they don't have enough money to purchase Airbus/Boeing planes,
or if because "Russia is our ally", then that's another story...but please, don't say that using Bombardier or Embraer for domestic flights is not a wise decision because we all know it is.
It's not about money, it is about economics, heck do you even know anything about aviation??

http://planes.axlegeeks.com/compare/299-336/Bombardier-CS100-vs-Sukhoi-Superjet-100-95

Here is a small comparison which should educate you more.

Nonetheless, these Sukhoi planes are only meant for Zagros, Kish Air and Taban.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The Sukhoi will be used on domestic routes, that's why they need lots of 100 seater planes to offer a lot of frequencies between domestic destinations.

These planes has to be cost efficient and that's why the Sukhoi is the best choice.
Bombardier and Embraer are too expensive in terms of purchase, fuel burn , but also in terms of cargo load.

On an international level I agree, for routes outside of Iran, we should only purchase Airbus and Boeing to keep up with the other world class airlines.

However, people don't rate airlines based on their aircraft type, but on the service they get.

You might have dozens of the newest Airbus and Boeing planes, but if you can't offer a good service, you'll still be a 2 star airline.

The reason why Emirates, Qatar, Etihad don't have small planes like the Sukhoi is because they don't have a domestic network which is as huge as in Iran + when they use their big planes for regional routes for example Doha-Dubai the plane is half empty most of the time...

How in the world is that efficient??
1. The CSeries will have by far the best economics of all planes out there.
But it is not the only factor.
Price, maintenance, safety, interior design are all important.

2. Regarding safety record even in the 100 to 120 space, the CSeries, which is an amazing plane and unlike Russian aircraft has very good saftey records, cannot break into the Boeing Airbus duopoly because it takes time. Planes need to build momentum, offer bulk orders, prove safety, offer ranges of planes and so on.

3. You are right about service but that has nothing to do with the aircraft type. Service has to be a good but the plane is important.

As said I fly 3 or 4 times a week but I never take Iranian airlines (for 10 years now) and only drive domestically. Most people I know in Iran only drive as well.

It's a function of Iran having bad planes and the system not caring about human lives (when planes take off with overweight, or the HESA flying passengers before finishing flight tests).

Regarding airports, they are simply garbage in Iran. I can warm up to a Superjet, but not to the horrible airports.

Just compare the the latest football stadium built in Iran and what any other country builds. Be it the West, Persian Gulf countries, South America or even Poland, Ukraine or Russia.

This does not refer to you, but it is incomprehensible how some people here call it gharbzadegi.

It's funny that last week I was accused by some people here of being pro Islamic Republic because I oppose the Western policy in the Middle East and support an Iran Russia alliance to save Syria and the Assad regime from the terrorists.

Some Iranians just like to attack others when they have no arguments.

·
Registered
536 Posts
1. The CSeries will have by far the best economics of all planes out there.
But it is not the only factor.
Price, maintenance, safety, interior design are all important.
The numbers are telling something else, I have also provided the link for comparison in my other post.

Currently the Cseries are lacking customers, they even have high debts reaching at 6.8 billion dollars, how is this even trustworthy?

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/fb742a62-92b1-11e5-94e6-c5413829caa5.html#axzz3sjlEDJrG

http://www.bnn.ca/News/2015/11/17/Bombardier-in-talks-with-Canadian-government-on-CSeries-investment-CEO.aspx

Like many others said as well, the Cseries have missed its market, because they have delayed the program for too long!

2. Regarding safety record even in the 100 to 120 space, the CSeries, which is an amazing plane and unlike Russian aircraft has very good safety records, cannot break into the Boeing Airbus duopoly because it takes time. Planes need to build momentum, offer bulk orders, prove safety, offer ranges of planes and so on.
Sukhoi is very safe as well, as most of its technology comes from Boeing.
It was the Tupolev which had a poor record.

Boeing and Airbus are great, but they don't offer 100 seater planes.

3. You are right about service but that has nothing to do with the aircraft type. Service has to be a good but the plane is important.
Not true, I know many airlines which have quite new planes, but their service is close to zero: Virgin Atlantic, British Airways on european flights.
Most of these so called legacy carriers don't even have a service, when you want a snack you gotta pay for it!!

I have never had that on Gulf carriers or Iran Air, Mahan Air and the rest of the family.

As said I fly 3 or 4 times a week but I never take Iranian airlines (for 10 years now) and only drive domestically. Most people I know in Iran only drive as well.
Airlines in Iran are well maintained and safe as they are all airbuses or Fokkers, not to forget that the service is great on Iranian airlines, probably the best out there.

I got juje kabab with rice, dessert and etc on a 1h30min flight from Tehran to Kish, that's what I call service!

It's a function of Iran having bad planes and the system not caring about human lives (when planes take off with overweight, or the HESA flying passengers before finishing flight tests).
The Hesa is banned from flying and Iran is investing in its aviation. Expect some big orders very soon.

Regarding airports, they are simply garbage in Iran. I can warm up to a Superjet, but not to the horrible airports.
I agree with you 100%

Just compare the the latest football stadium built in Iran and what any other country builds. Be it the West, Persian Gulf countries, South America or even Poland, Ukraine or Russia.

This does not refer to you, but it is incomprehensible how some people here call it gharbzadegi.

It's funny that last week I was accused by some people here of being pro Islamic Republic because I oppose the Western policy in the Middle East and support an Iran Russia alliance to save Syria and the Assad regime from the terrorists.

Some Iranians just like to attack others when they have no arguments.
I do agree with you on that. Anyway that's how Iranians are in general, they like to backstab each other all the time.

We talk about wanting democracy, but we can't even pay respect to each others opinions and views.

In general our people are not united, and that's why our country is in this mess today.

About some forumers here, I can only tell you one thing, Irani harjae donya bashe, belakhare bayad khodesho ye tori betune neshun bede... :nuts:

·
Registered
650 Posts
The numbers are telling something else, I have also provided the link for comparison in my other post.

Currently the Cseries are lacking customers, they even have high debts reaching at 6.8 billion dollars, how is this even trustworthy?
I read it and disagree with a few points and comparisons.

The Superjet is cheaper but that should never be the priority, as long term fuel efficiency, maintenance costs and passenger comfort are more important.

1. CSeries economics can only be analyzed once it is fully operational

2. It has better passenger comfort, a wider middle seat, a larger cabin, a prettier cabin and Bombardier is a proven plane builder

3. Orders have been low because of the delays, that has nothing to do with the quality. The Dreamliner was delayed and over budget as well.

Like many others said as well, the Cseries have missed its market, because they have delayed the program for too long!
I prefer delays if it ensures safety.

Sukhoi is very safe as well, as most of its technology comes from Boeing.
It was the Tupolev which had a poor record.
It needs to be proven over time. That is why I personally would not order them right now.

Not true, I know many airlines which have quite new planes, but their service is close to zero: Virgin Atlantic, British Airways on european flights. Most of these so called legacy carriers don't even have a service, when you want a snack you gotta pay for it!!
I don't care about snacks. Snacks cost $5 or $10 or you can bring a sandwich yourself. In the US even 6 hour domestic flights don't offer snacks. Trains don't offer snacks.

I rather sit in a 787 or 737 Sky Interior and have a proper entertainment system.

I have never had that on Gulf carriers or Iran Air, Mahan Air and the rest of the family.
Persian Gulf carriers are different. They don't care about economics. Anyway, I never fly them as I am not willingly putting money in Arab pockets.

Very rarely do I take them on Iran routes when other European Airlines are too expensive.

Service on Iranian airlines is garbage. I avoid them all the time. An 8 hour flight to China without entertainment system and alcohol. Are you really calling this good service? Their hub airport is garbage, no proper lounge, nothing. Seriously **** the Jooje Kabab.

Airlines in Iran are well maintained and safe as they are all airbuses or Fokkers, not to forget that the service is great on Iranian airlines, probably the best out there.
We have one of the worst safety records (excludes Mahan). The Ukranian plane that crashed 2 years ago, had still not been certified.

But regardless of safety level, the planes are old and ugly, there is no entertainment, no alcohol, the hub airport sucks. No thanks, I rather skip the one snack that is their competitive advantage.

I got juje kabab with rice, dessert and etc on a 1h30min flight from Tehran to Kish, that's what I call service!
I got two double whiskeys from NY to Chicago and watched three episodes of Friends.

The Hesa is banned from flying and Iran is investing in its aviation. Expect some big orders very soon.
After the unnecessary crash. Same with Tupolovs. They just react when their is outrage.

In general our people are not united, and that's why our country is in this mess today.
Yes it is sad

·
Registered
536 Posts
I read it and disagree with a few points and comparisons.
Those comparisons are nothing to disagree with as they are official numbers, if you do some research you will find out.

The Superjet is cheaper but that should never be the priority, as long term fuel efficiency, maintenance costs and passenger comfort are more important.
Both fuel, maintenance are more efficient on the Sukhoi according to various official numbers.

Passenger comfort has nothing to do with the type of aircraft, for example: When I am on an IranAir a310-300 I find the seats much more pleasant than the crampy 787-800 Boeings from Qatar.

It has better passenger comfort, a wider middle seat, a larger cabin, a prettier cabin and Bombardier is a proven plane builder
Passenger comfort has nothing to do with the type of plane, but rather the policies of the Airline.

Regarding the larger cabin, I would say that's pretty logic as the Cseries are bigger planes with more range which is not an added value as it's going to be used domestically only, you could see it as a replacement for all those F100s and MD82s.

Having a pretty cabin has nothing to do with a plane type as cabin lay-outs can be adjusted. I do agree though that the Cseries have larger windows, other than that I don't see anything more special to it compared to the Superjet.

Orders have been low because of the delays, that has nothing to do with the quality. The Dreamliner was delayed and over budget as well.
The dreamliner is a different story as they had already build up dozens of orders before its first flight, this is not the case with the Cseries.

The quality of the Cseries are great, but in terms of cost and fuel efficiency, it's not.

The reason why Sukhoi has been succeeded in this is because 80% of the plane isn't even Russian, but American as most parts are assembled by Boeing.

I prefer delays if it ensures safety.
The Superjet has a high safety record.

It needs to be proven over time. That is why I personally would not order them right now.
Iran doesn't have the time to wait. The domestic plane market in Iran is suffering and it needs those planes a.s.a.p

Sukhoi could deliver them within a year, while with Bombardier it could take several.

Canada is not a trustworthy trading partner for Iran and they have proven that time by time after the revolution, Russia has.

I don't care about snacks. Snacks cost $5 or $10 or you can bring a sandwich yourself. In the US even 6 hour domestic flights don't offer snacks. Trains don't offer snacks.
But many of us do care, when I pay a flight ticket of 500 dollars, I expect a decent service! Paying for snacks is good for low-cost carriers, not for the national airline of Iran, that's just embarrassing.

As I said before, there is a reason why US carriers can't compete with the rest, they have a service model which is close to zero.

Persian Gulf carriers are different. They don't care about economics. Anyway, I never fly them as I am not willingly putting money in Arab pockets.
IranAir is state owned as well.

Service on Iranian airlines is garbage. I avoid them all the time. An 8 hour flight to China without entertainment system and alcohol. Are you really calling this good service? Their hub airport is garbage, no proper lounge, nothing. Seriously **** the Jooje Kabab.
Why is alcohol important? can't you do 8 hours without it?
Entertainment system? Mahan Air does offer them on long-haul routes on their a340 planes in Business class.

I have always my own tablet with me as well. I'd rather have a plane full of Iranians with Iranian service than sitting in a foreign carrier.

The jooje kebab was set as an example for a 1 hour flight, not an 8 hour one.

We have one of the worst safety records (excludes Mahan). The Ukranian plane that crashed 2 years ago, had still not been certified.

But regardless of safety level, the planes are old and ugly, there is no entertainment, no alcohol, the hub airport sucks. No thanks, I rather skip the one snack that is their competitive advantage.
That's because Iranian airlines can't buy new planes, they can't even buy entertainment systems as those are sanctioned too.

They can't even make international transactions for god sake, how would you expect us to be competitive??

Alcohol is not an added value for me as I don't see the need of it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Those comparisons are nothing to disagree with as they are official numbers, if you do some research you will find out.

Both fuel, maintenance are more efficient on the Sukhoi according to various official numbers.
I have seen many sources that claim that Bombardier is by far the most efficient plane. We will have to wait and see plus the 100 to 130 capcity is also much better for the Iranian market (Superjet is 86 or so).

Passenger comfort has nothing to do with the type of aircraft, for example: When I am on an IranAir a310-300 I find the seats much more pleasant than the crampy 787-800 Boeings from Qatar.
I disagree. Airbus narrow body can offer 18'' Boing simply can't. Ame with Bombardier that can make the middle seat more attractive by offering 19''.

Windows on Boeing and Bombardier are much larger. They both can also offer more carry on storage.

Regarding the larger cabin, I would say that's pretty logic as the Cseries are bigger planes with more range which is not an added value as it's going to be used domestically only, you could see it as a replacement for all those F100s and MD82s.
Fine.

[qoute]Having a pretty cabin has nothing to do with a plane type as cabin lay-outs can be adjusted. I do agree though that the Cseries have larger windows, other than that I don't see anything more special to it compared to the Superjet.[/quote]
It does. Do you really want to compare Boeing Sky Interior with shitty narrow body Airbus or the Dreamliner with A330 or A350?

The quality of the Cseries are great, but in terms of cost and fuel efficiency, it's not.
Says who?

The Superjet has a high safety record.
Safety can only be proven over time. Conocrde over time turned from the safest plane to the most unsafe. That's how statistics work. You need many flights to draw a conclusion. Sukhoi does not have them and even if it is harsh, I will go by Russian safety standards until proven otherwise over time.

You also claimed Iranian planes had good safety standards.

Iran doesn't have the time to wait. The domestic plane market in Iran is suffering and it needs those planes a.s.a.p

Sukhoi could deliver them within a year, while with Bombardier it could take several.
If Iran cared it would fix all its issues. Also, progress should not come at a risk.

Let's do something right, even if it takes longer, we are so far behind anyway.

Canada is not a trustworthy trading partner for Iran and they have proven that time by time after the revolution, Russia has.
This is a bizarre statement.

They sanctioned us, they still have not delivered the S300 and Bushehr is 10 years overdue. There are many such examples.

But many of us do care, when I pay a flight ticket of 500 dollars, I expect a decent service! Paying for snacks is good for low-cost carriers, not for the national airline of Iran, that's just embarrassing.
Well I much more care about TV and a drink to relax and sleep. It's subjective. I prefer domestic US flights to Persian Gulf carriers. Americn airlines have good economics as well.

As I said before, there is a reason why US carriers can't compete with the rest, they have a service model which is close to zero.
No one can compete with Persian Gulf carriers because they throw money away. Iran should not do that.

Why is alcohol important? can't you do 8 hours without it?
Entertainment system? Mahan Air does offer them on long-haul routes on their a340 planes in Business class.
1. Any US airline offers free food on long haul
2. You claim a snack is important on short haul but alcohol and entertainment is not. I find that very odd and subjective
3. Mahan offers entertainment in business? Well guess what, over 80% of passengers are in economy. Do they not count? And I wonder what crap programs they offer in business.

I am sorry, but Iranian airlines are shit by any standard
1. Plane economics
2. Safety record
3. Cabin design
4. Entertainment
5. Transit and routes offered
5. Terminals

I have always my own tablet with me as well. I'd rather have a plane full of Iranians with Iranian service than sitting in a foreign carrier.
And I always have my own snacks. Your arguments make no sense.

I rather take the best service. This is false patriotism and leads to nothing.

The jooje kebab was set as an example for a 1 hour flight, not an 8 hour one.
I don't even want food on a one hour flight. I just want comfort and entertainment.

That's because Iranian airlines can't buy new planes, they can't even buy entertainment systems as those are sanctioned too.

They can't even make international transactions for god sake, how would you expect us to be competitive??

Alcohol is not an added value for me as I don't see the need of it.
Even if they buy modern planes, their management teams are backward, restrictive country laws will never allow them to offer good services.

I am not flying a plane where I don't have proper transit options, nice interior and proper entertainment.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have seen many sources that claim that Bombardier is by far the most efficient plane. We will have to wait and see plus the 100 to 130 capacity is also much better for the Iranian market (Superjet is 86 or so).
Can you give a few examples of those sources?

I disagree. Airbus narrow body can offer 18'' Boeing simply can't. Same with Bombardier that can make the middle seat more attractive by offering 19''.
My experiences with Airbuses were much better than Boeing in general and I have been on most types.

Windows on Boeing and Bombardier are much larger. They both can also offer more carry on storage.
Same technology applies for the newer Airbus models and the newer neo versions.

It does. Do you really want to compare Boeing Sky Interior with shitty narrow body Airbus or the Dreamliner with A330 or A350?
Airbus has some great interior concepts on its narrow bodies, look at Etihad, Qatar and etc. They all look pretty neat.

The dreamliner is the most crampy aircraft I have ever flown with, it looks pretty, but the seats suck big time, and you will encounter this issue in many reviews as well.

The A350 is stunning in my opinion and the A330 will improve a lot with the neo versions.

Says who?
Please take a look if you got some time later on.

http://russiaindiabusiness.com/files/SSJ-100-2015.pdf

Safety can only be proven over time. Concorde over time turned from the safest plane to the most unsafe. That's how statistics work. You need many flights to draw a conclusion. Sukhoi does not have them and even if it is harsh, I will go by Russian safety standards until proven otherwise over time.
The SSJ100 has already various customers, which InterJet from Mexico and Aeroflot are the biggest ones.

They seem to be very satisfied http://www.superjetinternational.com/media-center/interjet-ssj100-confirm-successful-operations/

This report is from 2013, as of today the SSJ has 358 order, 66 delivered and 130 on option with several carriers.

Besides, how is this plane even on Russian standard according to you when 80% of all parts are American?

This is a bizarre statement.

They sanctioned us, they still have not delivered the S300 and Bushehr is 10 years overdue. There are many such examples.
Canada helped the hostages, closed its embassy several times, cut relations with Iran in 2012, stood side by side with Netanyahu against Iran and was one of the first countries to reject the nuclear deal.

Here is an article you should read
http://unitedwithisrael.org/despite-deal-canada-to-keep-sanctions-on-iran/

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/canada-leads-opposing-iran-deal_1011521.html

No one can compete with Persian Gulf carriers because they throw money away. Iran should not do that.
Gulf carriers, specially Emirates are making one of the highest profits in the world and are rated 5 stars years in a row, now you tell me how Delta and United are doing.

1. Any US airline offers free food on long haul
Not according to what you said. You told me that you had to pay for a snack on a domestic 6 hour flight... that's bad, believe me.

2. You claim a snack is important on short haul but alcohol and entertainment is not. I find that very odd and subjective
People can live 8 hours without having alcohol, but not 8 hours without a single snack, it would feel me sick.

People who can't live without alcohol on a flight, they have a problem in my honest opinion and should visit a doctor. Iran is an Islamic Republic and therefore alcohol will never be permitted, I do agree with you though on inflight entertainment, but than again... Iran can't have them as those systems should be Airbus or Boeing standard which are still sanctioned, we'll have to see if we'll have one on the newer Airbuses and Boeings that they're gonna order soon.

3. Mahan offers entertainment in business? Well guess what, over 80% of passengers are in economy. Do they not count? And I wonder what crap programs they offer in business.
Those are already older planes and not economical, they will be replaced. So there is no need to make major investments in them right now.

I am sorry, but Iranian airlines are shit by any standard
1. Plane economics
2. Safety record
3. Cabin design
4. Entertainment
5. Transit and routes offered
5. Terminals
It's not like the US blocked any investments in Iran or the purchase of planes or anything in the past 36 years :nuts::nuts:

Now sanctions will be lifted and Iran is already in talks with ADP and Lufthansa Technik, but also with Airbus and Boeing soon.

There will be major improvements soon.

I don't even want food on a one hour flight. I just want comfort and entertainment.
There is no need to have ptv's for a one hour flight, not even European carriers have them. just a meal would do and a nice chat with the one next to you. On international routes it's a great thing to have though.

Even if they buy modern planes, their management teams are backward, restrictive country laws will never allow them to offer good services.
It depends what you define as a good service?

Our duty is to provide safe air travel first and after that to provide a service within the guidelines of the law while offering a great experience to our own citizens first. People who come to Iran are already aware of the local customs here, so if they chose any Iranian carrier to fly with they know that they won't get served any alcohol or sex and the city as inflight entertainment.

Transit passengers only care about the cheapest fare, as simple as that.

I am not flying a plane where I don't have proper transit options, nice interior and proper entertainment.
For now you should not take Iranian carriers then... Maybe in the near future when things get better. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Can you give a few examples of those sources?
Really any article you search for will tell you CSeries has better economics and superior design and technology than MAX or neo.

http://www.swiss-cseries.com/files/20150618_Swiss-CSeriesEvent_ZRH.pdf

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/06/15/paris-air-show-bombardier-ready-to-take-on-boeing-and-airbus.html

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/...-technology-doesnt-always-win-bombardier.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzYUzCxgBLo

My experiences with Airbuses were much better than Boeing in general and I have been on most types.

Same technology applies for the newer Airbus models and the newer neo versions.

Airbus has some great interior concepts on its narrow bodies, look at Etihad, Qatar and etc. They all look pretty neat.
I fly 2 to 4 times a week. Trust me Boeing Sky Interior is superior to Airbus, it has nothing to do with operators.

It just looks more spacious and offers more cabin storage (CSeries also offers high cabin storage). Nothing Airbus can do.

Honestly, read articles about it. Where Airbus is better is that on narrow bodies it can offer 18'' while Boeing offers 17.5'', but most airlines on Airbus A320 family go for 17.5'' as well.

But any new American, United, Delta 737 has a better cabin than Qatar or Etihad A320, or BA or Lufthansa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H9KOqNC_CY

The dreamliner is the most crampy aircraft I have ever flown with, it looks pretty, but the seats suck big time, and you will encounter this issue in many reviews as well.

The A350 is stunning in my opinion and the A330 will improve a lot with the neo versions.
Well the Dreamliner was supposed to be 8 abreast, and except JAL all airliners are now using 9 abreast.

Same with Emirates 777 which is 10 abreast and horrible. Many airlines will also switch the A350 to 10 abreast and it will be very horrible. That's airline related.

At 8 abreast the 787 offers 19''.

Will do. I agree the more I read, it seems like a good plane. I still am not convinced about safety but will research more.

Canada helped the hostages, closed its embassy several times, cut relations with Iran in 2012, stood side by side with Netanyahu against Iran and was one of the first countries to reject the nuclear deal.
We cannot always blame the foreigners. Iran killed Zahra Kazemi, a Canadian citizen. We are unnecessary in a cold war with Israel.

The only foreign policy issue where I fully stand behind IR is the unconditional support for Assad and Hezbollah. We should stay behind both.

But if Iran stops this anti Western rhetoric, recognized Israel and stops supporting Hamas and Islamic Jihad all the issues will be resolved.

Finally, Iranians should start lobbying in foreign countries as well. NIAC has started in the US. That would help a lot.

Gulf carriers, specially Emirates are making one of the highest profits in the world and are rated 5 stars years in a row, now you tell me how Delta and United are doing.
It took Emirates over a decade and billions. Iran will never be able to spend as much.

I have friends who work at Etihad. They are loss making.

Not according to what you said. You told me that you had to pay for a snack on a domestic 6 hour flight... that's bad, believe me.
Yes on domestic flights. I took NY to SF once a week for 6 months and never got snacks. It is not a big thing and you can get something in the airport or bring something if you don't want to pay.

Soft drinks are free.

People can live 8 hours without having alcohol, but not 8 hours without a single snack, it would feel me sick.
8 hour flights all offer food

People who can't live without alcohol on a flight, they have a problem in my honest opinion and should visit a doctor.
I don't have a problem, I just said I prefer it. I don't drink most of the time, but like having the option. I just said your argument was void.

My key point was entertainment and that is where Iranian airlines suck.

Iran is an Islamic Republic and therefore alcohol will never be permitted, I do agree with you though on inflight entertainment, but than again... Iran can't have them as those systems should be Airbus or Boeing standard which are still sanctioned, we'll have to see if we'll have one on the newer Airbuses and Boeings that they're gonna order soon.
As a consumer I don't care. I want comfort in flight and during transit. So even if they buy Dreamliners, I won't fly with them,

There will be major improvements soon.
See above

There is no need to have ptv's for a one hour flight, not even European carriers have them. just a meal would do and a nice chat with the one next to you. On international routes it's a great thing to have though.
On a one hour flight there is no need for snack or entertainment.

Any flight over 3 hours, and no entertainment becomes ridiculous.

American airlines offer wifi on all flights, which is great, because you can work as well. I care much more about these things than a little sandwich.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
They'd probably (hopefully) work on that. on-plane enterntainment recquires new equipments on seats and programming the devices, and all that, most banned previously under sanctions.

·
Registered
536 Posts
None of these links that you've provided made the comparison between the SSJ100 or the CS100.

They did not even mention Sukhoi, while main made clear operational costs comparisons.

I fly 2 to 4 times a week. Trust me Boeing Sky Interior is superior to Airbus, it has nothing to do with operators.
Sky interior United Airlines

Airbus A320 Avianca interior

Both look great.

It just looks more spacious and offers more cabin storage (CSeries also offers high cabin storage). Nothing Airbus can do.
Airbus has this on their neo versions, a350s and a380s as well.

But any new American, United, Delta 737 has a better cabin than Qatar or Etihad A320, or BA or Lufthansa.
Is that why according to Skytrax Qatar and Etihad have been rated to have the best cabins in the world? Also Lufthansa offers a better product than Delta or even United.

On BA, I agree they are close to zero in everything.

Will do. I agree the more I read, it seems like a good plane. I still am not convinced about safety but will research more.
Sure the cabin is not an sky interior or even comparable to any airbus model, but it could compete with for instance Embraer.

The safety is as good as Boeing as they have engineered most of the plane.
The 100 orders will find place for smaller airlines like Taban, Kish and Zagros which are privately owned and usually don't have that much budget, at least not yet.

I am sure that they will get loans for this.

IranAir and Mahan Air will def. purchase the a320-200 or even the Neo.
I have also heard that IranAir is interested in the 737-800s, which is great.

We cannot always blame the foreigners. Iran killed Zahra Kazemi, a Canadian citizen. We are unnecessary in a cold war with Israel.
So has Israel killed many Iranian scientists and we never could have said that Canada is a reliable partner as they even opposed the Nuclear deal recently. On Israel... I am not a fan of having relations with them, but at least we should stop the death to Israel/ America thing.

But if Iran stops this anti Western rhetoric, recognized Israel and stops supporting Hamas and Islamic Jihad all the issues will be resolved.
This will never happen under this regime. Besides I think we shouldn't do these things either. How come Iran gets all the blame when countries like Saudi Arabia which promotes Wahabi extremism all over the region, kills hundreds of people by punishments like beheadings, cutting hands off, executing gay men and women. They even funded ISIS, created the Taliban and were behind 9/11 + their women have only 10% of the freedom that Iranian women have.

How come the west keeps a blind eye on that and keep selling them billions of military equipment?

But if it comes to Iran, we are lunatics who violate human rights and get sanctions for this.

The west is a bunch of hypocrites who promote their so called failed democracy and justice system.

Yes on domestic flights. I took NY to SF once a week for 6 months and never got snacks. It is not a big thing and you can get something in the airport or bring something if you don't want to pay.

Soft drinks are free.
But that's insane... That's like going from Dublin to Dubai which is almost the same distance...

I don't have a problem, I just said I prefer it. I don't drink most of the time, but like having the option. I just said your argument was void.

My key point was entertainment and that is where Iranian airlines suck.
I do agree

On a one hour flight there is no need for snack or entertainment.

Any flight over 3 hours, and no entertainment becomes ridiculous.

American airlines offer wifi on all flights, which is great, because you can work as well. I care much more about these things than a little sandwich.
But then again, I am a food lover :lol:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Ok, I think a lot of what we say goes down to taste and if the Sukhoi is not for the main airlines, maybe it is ok.

Regarding politics, I said myself we should be allied with Russia in Syria. However, the anti West rhetoric needs to drop. Of course the West are hypocrites but that does not justify opressing your own people like IR does and calling everyone spies who want to change the culture. Even people here use gharbzadegi instead of arguments (you used arguments).

More importantly the reality of politics is that the powerful rule. So Iran needs to build allies rather than just sit and talk about the hypocrisies of the West and by doing that achieve nothing but harm its interests.

I am no fan of Israeli apartheid either but I don't see why we should have relations with Saudi Arabia but not Israel. It makes no sense. I feel we live in a region where most people (Turks and Arabs) have historically hated us.

Both the Shah and to a much greater extent the IR played the anti Israel card to win the region's hearts. It was working until the Arab spring began. But now that tactic is down the drain. I am actually glad this happened because even if it had worked, it would have resulted in little economic benefits for our people.

Learn from China. Be pragmatic, become strong and then you can open your mouth.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Ok, I think a lot of what we say goes down to taste and if the Sukhoi is not for the main airlines, maybe it is ok.

Regarding politics, I said myself we should be allied with Russia in Syria. However, the anti West rhetoric needs to drop. Of course the West are hypocrites but that does not justify opressing your own people like IR does and calling everyone spies who want to change the culture. Even people here use gharbzadegi instead of arguments (you used arguments).

More importantly the reality of politics is that the powerful rule. So Iran needs to build allies rather than just sit and talk about the hypocrisies of the West and by doing that achieve nothing but harm its interests.

I am no fan of Israeli apartheid either but I don't see why we should have relations with Saudi Arabia but not Israel. It makes no sense. I feel we live in a region where most people (Turks and Arabs) have historically hated us.

Both the Shah and to a much greater extent the IR played the anti Israel card to win the region's hearts. It was working until the Arab spring began. But now that tactic is down the drain. I am actually glad this happened because even if it had worked, it would have resulted in little economic benefits for our people.

Learn from China. Be pragmatic, become strong and then you can open your mouth.
This is specially for you, and I must admit that it is in fact a beautiful plane! Bombardier Cs100

401 - 420 of 444 Posts