SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 444 Posts

·
(¯`·._.•MaHdI•._.·´¯)
1,106 Posts
actually, u might be correct, but why a park? there is so much history involved with mehrabad, they should make more complexes and stuuff

·
King Kong
266 Posts
Mehrabad is an important military base for both regular Air Force and the Pasdaran, unlikely it will convert to a park!

Beside there is a growth in domestic flights in Iran so Tehran will need two airports to accomodate that.

As for IKIA vs Dubai International well I think no contest, even before the current expansion Dubai wins hands down.

·
Registered
733 Posts
^^What is so wrong with you people!! In the GCC nobody gets pissed when hearing persian gulf, I don't know why do you guys care what others call in other countries. Don't you know that different places have different names in other countries, including the persian gulf. What do you expect from 7 arab countries that all are located on that spot to be calling it?? Persian???

·
Prince of Persia
1,928 Posts
they dont get pissed because it is the persian gulf thats the name of it! The arabian glf is fake it doesnt exist. And yes we do expect you to call it the persian gulf because it just is the persian gulf it doesnt have a nother name, just except it.

·
a tangy drink!
4,263 Posts
The control tower is probably from the old design made in the 70s and they only got the new design for the terminal. At least they didnt make the whole terminal according to the old design.

·
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
^^ true...although I guess the controll tower would've looked much better if only it had a sole exterior of glass.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
So its still not fully operational???

I really dont want to use it... its way too far out of Tehran for my liking... Itl cost a bomb for the taxi to get to my appt in Tehran from IKIA :runaway:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I like this airport. Although they could have given the control tower a better design.
So, when is this airport taking over Mehrabad's flights? Is it going to be months or maybe years?

41 - 60 of 444 Posts