Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
arctic tern
3,528 Posts
A 33-34 floors high tower without a significant spire or extremely high floors cannot be 147 meters high. It's probably the height above sea level, not above the street.

·
arctic tern
3,528 Posts
why you have the need to contradict me
you want this forum to fill up with dark blurry images?

one of YOUR jobs as mod is actually photo quality on the forum,
to delete bad photos or repeated and resize huge ones etc.

I see other mods in SSC forums deleting bad photos and asking not to
upload dark or blurred photos.
1. Being a mod is not his "job"
2. If being a mod is his "job", then your "job" as a member is to correctly credit photos and provide credible sources for updates- two things you constantly fail to do.

·
arctic tern
3,528 Posts
Are there though?
I haven't heard about any new projects coming up in the area.

·
arctic tern
3,528 Posts
I think the main problem visually is that the towers are located too close together. It would be better if the towers could be taller, and there was more spacing between them.

As a general rule, towers look better when there is more spacing between them, and spread out more. That's why Moscow City looks worse than the skyscrapers in the City of London (in City of London there is a bit more spacing between the towers, while in Moscow City they are too close together). Although even City of London is soon going to be overcrowded with towers too.
I don't agree with that general rule- both NYC and HK skylines look great despite high skyscraper density. The main problem here, in my opinion, is that the towers' height is pretty much the same so they look like a giant wall. Having 25-30-35 floors would have looked much, much better than 30-30-30.
But TBH- I don't care too much in this particular case since the towers aren't too high, so they can serve as nice skyline fillers. What we do need are a few actual skyscrapers- a 55-60 floor tower in Maariv junction will be a great start.

·
arctic tern
3,528 Posts
I'm not sure Hong Kong is a good example, as the towers in that city are too close together IMO. Towers look better when they are spread out at least to the extent that you can appreciate their design individually.
Which looks better, this:

Or this:

I think most people would agree that the 1st picture looks better- and it seems like Google agrees as well since that's the most common angle you get when you search "Los Angeles skyline".
And I don't think most people agree about your statement either. Firstly because at least in SSC I think most people agree that HK has the 2nd best skyline in the world. Secondly most people don't actually care about the design of specific skyscrapers- unless it's not the world's tallest skyscraper, nobody cares. What people DO like is an urban skyline- a bunch of skyscrapers stuck together. Definitely not something like this for example:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts