SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
^^ zohar what are all those smurf hats? its a new fashion?!
I saw some smurf-hats like those when we were in ta also.. weird
maybe its the same girl :rofl:

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
^^ the train every year adds about 5-10 new stations, you wont recognize it and soon a third line as well

·
6,874 Posts
source26 said:
^^ the train every year adds about 5-10 new stations, you wont recognize it and soon a third line as well

I never use the other lines. All i use is the North South. From Tel Aviv Merkaz its a little difficult. I remember taking it the first time......was hectic..so many lines and so confusing..

what is even more confusing is when they tell you to get off cause its out of service somewhere in haifa and u start to freak out for a reason or so...

·
6,874 Posts
Vygotsky said:
The train is the Tel Aviv Metro?

No! Israel at whole.
The train system in Israel goes from Nahriya down to Beer Sheva.... and makes all stops.
Tel Aviv has 3 major stops: Tel Aviv university, Tel Aviv Merkaz, Tel Aviv B'Shalom....

They are making a new metro train that will be in gush dan

·
6,874 Posts
yep! Those trains are the Israeli Railway trains..they are all around israel.
This is the Israel Railway map, to show you where they go. There is 5 exchanges that you can do. I dont know how the exchanges work, maybe Zohar can explain

·
Banned
221 Posts
ok, the map is in english, and i would thatr something explain me abut thios transportation system...is interesting, like a metro for all a Country!

If i don`t understand any, i can traslate to spanish whit a dictionary!
Thanks Kappa, you are a kind person! :eek:kay:

·
6,874 Posts
Vygotsky said:
ok, the map is in english, and i would thatr something explain me abut thios transportation system...is interesting, like a metro for all a Country!

If i don`t understand any, i can traslate to spanish whit a dictionary!
Thanks Kappa, you are a kind person! :eek:kay:

It is like any other train system, im guessing..
Well actually, its not...

cause i know we are used to Amtrak which can take from New York to North Carolina and North Carolina to Texas and Texas to Oregon. This one is daily service. Doesnt have anything to eat or sleep.. but you could eat or sleep and usually in the summer they have students who come with a tray who sell chocolate, drinks and magazines.... :) noting like Fanta Shookata on the train...

in any case, its purpose is for daily service. People dont use it to travel for a day or so. They use it to go back and forth from there base daily, and for people to commute to work...its really difficult really, because its not like a subway and works on schedule. IN essense..so does a Subway, but a subway works longer. This one works from 5:45am to maybe 10:30-11:00pm. The NY subway works all day and the Toronto Transit works until 2am.....

In Canada, we have VIA which is a sleepover train and u can eat, sleep and commute far..while we have GO (governement of Ontario) which is for daily commutes.. I take it to go from my town, cause its far

·
Israel
500 Posts
Kappa, in your map there are few missing stations, - Ashkelon, Jerusalem, Dimona

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
the blue/purple line (and part of the cyan also) is Tel Aviv metro system, as it written in the index on the right " suburban service".

(Herzzliya, Kefar sava,Ramla, Lod ,Rishon le Ziyyon ,Rehovot are Tel Aviv suburbs). such maps are out of scale the distances are not real.

[/QUOTE]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts