SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
9,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
מגדל המאה: אושרה הקמת בניין בן 100 קומות בגבול ת"א־ר"ג
הוועדה המקומית שדנה בתוכנית לאחרונה אישרה את המלצת מהנדס העיר להעלאת גובה המגדל מ־75 קומות לכ־100 קומות, תוך
התאמה של זכויות הבנייה בהתאם. התוכנית, המכונה "בין ערים", מתייחסת לשטח של כ־11 דונם בין הרחובות בגין וז'בוטינסקי רמת גן,
לבין רמפת היציאה של מחלף הרכבת מנתיבי איילון צפון. בפועל משמש היום השטח כמגרש חניה.
עיריית תל אביב מקדמת את התוכנית, כאשר המתכנן הוא אמנון שוורץ אדריכלים.

Migdal HaMe'ah (100)

Tel Aviv LPC approved a new plan for a 100-floor 83,000 sqm commercial tower, on an 11 dunam lot
(the parking lot) owned by Tel Aviv on Jabutinsky Street next to Ramat Gan's Diamond Stock Exchange district.
The plan replaces initial design for a 75-floor tower with a new 100-floor design, which when approved by
the DPC will be the tallest tower approved in Israel. Design: Amnon Schwartz Architects

·
Registered
868 Posts
I thought this place is part of Givatayim or Ramat Gan, but not of Tel Aviv...
Anyway, in the article it is mentioned that previously there was a plan for 75 floors tower. Did we discuss here this project ?

·
9,248 Posts
I think they are talking about a lot which is a part of Giv'ataim city.
Most likely the one next to Time tower which is now a parking lot.

·
Registered
868 Posts

·
Banned
9,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can see its still part of Tel Aviv and so is Galei Gil site on the opposite side
which is probably also zoned for a future tower when the underground is completed.
the Meah tower site can be sold pretty quickly once its fully approved.

·
9,248 Posts
My bad.
In any case I didn't know that anything beyond Arvey Nahal was still considered Tel Aviv.
I thought its either Giv'ataim or Ramat Gan.
I just remember though that there is one more obstacle before they can go ahead with the tower construction.
Did they finish the sewage pipe along Ayalon highway?

·
NYC
424 Posts
My bad.
In any case I didn't know that anything beyond Arvey Nahal was still considered Tel Aviv.
I thought its either Giv'ataim or Ramat Gan.
I just remember though that there is one more obstacle before they can go ahead with the tower construction.
Did they finish the sewage pipe along Ayalon highway?
Let's hope that one day they put an end to that absurd separation; this is Tel Aviv, this is Ramat Gan, this is Givatayim, this is the small plot where I take my dog to pee which lies between the three.
It is the same city, goddamit! It's time to make a real big metropolis and, at the same time, save some money and costly institutions ( and, if possible, some politicians as well)

·
Banned
9,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let's hope that one day they put an end to that absurd separation; this is Tel Aviv, this is Ramat Gan, this is Givatayim
They dont have any good reason to give up their city halls and join Tel Aviv.
Unless you convince the public they will pay less tax or get better services,
many prefer to remain a small city than a suburb in a large one.

I agree with you its a little absurd, also Tel Aviv could have 3 times more highrises listed under it
if the inner core cities were to be joined. On the other hand every city wants its own commercial
towers so it gives some diversity and not just one CBD (for example Bnei Brak's BBC zone)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Actually, speak of the devil, such mergers may happen soon...

Interior Minister mulls merging Tel Aviv, Bat Yam

Tel Aviv Mayor Ron Huldai supports unifying the municipalities.

Today, one week after Minister of the Interior Gideon Sa'ar caused a stir by ordering Tel Aviv supermarkets not to open on the Sabbath, he announced that he intended to consider a change in the boundaries between Tel Aviv-Jaffa and its southern neighboring city, Bat Yam, and in the distribution of revenues between them.

Article: http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-Interior-Minister-mulls-merging-Tel-Aviv-Bat-Yam-1000952985

·
9,248 Posts
Is there an active Mayor in Bat Yam now?
If I remember correctly, the last elected one was accused of taking bribes and removed from his seat.

·
Banned
9,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
looks better in this image

from the article the triangle shape means each of the 3 facades faces a city

·
9,248 Posts
I am pretty sure it won't
Crazy designs never take off in Israel.
Note that the architects designed the tower for the city council, but city council won't be financing the construction and development of the area.
At most it will help to fast track the paperwork required for the construction.
Whoever the developer is, he will want to cut costs and will be something more practical.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts