Kehilat Canada large urban renewal project
3 x 24 , 9 x 7-9

16 residents will vacate for first 2 towers of 24 fl
they will get new 4 room apartments in the towers with others
to continue the v-b,

·
9,765 Posts
I wouldn't want to live there.
Eventually Jerusalem blvd is going to turn to hell when they finally decide to start construction of the Red Line.
Most likely the construction will take much longer then expected and the residents will face a construction site under their windows for many years to come.
Not to mention they will have problems leaving their homes as the street will be closed for countless times.

·
Banned
9,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no I think all the necessary ground works for the red line along sderot yerushalayim
have been completed already.

·
9,765 Posts
Yeah, but eventually they are gonna dig it up again to put the actual tracks.
Don't you remember how it was in Jerusalem?
They put the tracks numerous times only to find out it wasn't done right so they would dismantle the whole thing, dig it up some more and repeat?

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Like avivster wrote, most of the ground work already been done. I lived an suffered from it. It was in 2007-2008 i think. It took almost a year. It was Uncomfortable but not hell.

As someone who knows this area very well, i think it's a huge project! That area looks like worst slums. Ugly crumbeling 3-4 floors Rakevet buildings with huge neglected gardens between them on big area. Just waste of space.
I really hope this project will be a success. They will have to fight with lots of bureaucracy.
If the project will be carried out, all the neighborhoods around will benifit of that.

·
9,765 Posts
Urban, you are right that they already worked on it in the past.
Problem is (as it often happens in Israel) when the actual red line winner company arrives to the site, they won't like what was done before them and will start everything from scratch.
Hell, even during Jerusalem red line construction they had to demolish parts of the line which was already completed and start over many times on different locations.

·
Banned
9,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TLV LPC approved 800 units in Almog Kehilat Canada VB project
Towers 9-29 FL

יפו מתרוממת: עיריית ת"א אישרה פינוי־בינוי לשכונת יפו ד
בהליך אושרה בניית 800 דירות בבניינים של עד 29 קומות.
50 דירות יוקצו להשכרה ארוכת טווח

https://www.calcalist.co.il/real_estate/articles/0,7340,L-3768079,00.html

·
armatissimi & liberissimi
23,536 Posts
I wouldn't want to live there.
Eventually Jerusalem blvd is going to turn to hell when they finally decide to start construction of the Red Line.
Most likely the construction will take much longer then expected and the residents will face a construction site under their windows for many years to come.
Not to mention they will have problems leaving their homes as the street will be closed for countless times.
5 years later the vb yet didn't start and the light rail is "alllllllllmost" there. :nuts:

Good replacement and density.

·
9,765 Posts
"Almost", is a bit of exaggeration, don't you think?
Not saying, I am not happy with the progress, but Jaffa residents are not exactly happy about Red Line works (to put it mildly).

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Change title to approved

·
Registered
167 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts