SkyscraperCity banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
17,732 Posts
From Rail Journal

https://www.railjournal.com/passenger/metros/plans-for-three-line-tel-aviv-metro-network-released/

Plans for three line Tel Aviv metro network released
Feb 27, 2020

ISRAEL’s National Infrastructure Committee has presented plans for a three-line underground metro network in Tel Aviv. The lines would link the Greater Tel Aviv area including Lod, Ramla, and Rehovot in the south, Ra’anana and Kfar Sava in the north, and Petakh-Tikva in the east

The 145km metro network was first announced in December 2018, and will be built in addition to the light rail network currently under construction.

Planning is due to be completed by the end of 2020. The network would serve 100 stations, running through 23 local authorities

·
110,711 Posts
New transport minister looking at ferries to beat Israel’s traffic jams
The Times of Israel Excerpt
July 28, 2020

New Transportation Minister Miri Regev has given the green light to set up a series of sea shuttles along the Mediterranean coast in a bid to ease Israel’s chronic traffic jams, Channel 12 news reported Monday.

After taking office in May, Regev, reportedly asked for out-of-the-box solutions to try and ease the congestion.

One idea presented was for a series of sea shuttles that would link coastal cities like Netanya, Hadera and Ashdod with Tel Aviv, similar to commuter ferries in Manhattan, Bangkok and Istanbul.

According to the proposal, a ferry from Ashdod to Tel Aviv would take 26 minutes, compared to a 41 minute car drive during rush hour, or 51 minutes by train.

Similarly, a ferry from Netanya to Tel Aviv would take 20 minutes, compared to an average commute of 49 minutes by car, or 29 minutes by train.

More : New transport minister looking at ferries to beat Israel’s traffic jams

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can anyone post a Tel Aviv metro map in Roman/Latin alphabet? I mean METRO map, not Light Rail map.
I know that some stations names are surely provisional but it would be nice to READ that map...
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Can anyone post a Tel Aviv metro map in Roman/Latin alphabet? I mean METRO map, not Light Rail map.
I know that some stations names are surely provisional but it would be nice to READ that map...
Thank you very much.
None of the stations on the official map have names. Do you mean the street and city names? It can probably be superimposed. I agree that's a hassle, but the metro itself is just a bunch of lines on the official maps.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts