SkyscraperCity Forum banner
401 - 420 of 849 Posts

·
10,556 Posts
OK, so I was in the area and made an effort to go on top of the Kalka bridge to take a look.
There isn't much change on the bottom, but they are busy working on the floor within the part being built on top of the columns.
So whatever you saw earlier, probably wasn't related to Sarona after all and was indeed something related to Sderoth Yehudit entrance construction.

·
Registered
58 Posts
it seems that they are trying to add floors to the project. M-Y-S has posted new images of the project. Some of them are of the original height but one is with 63 floors so perhaps this is why it is stalled....
The renders with the original floor count:
[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/wi9GSVD.jpg)

The render with the possible new height:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Why would that stall development? Its just costing them more money by stalling development whilst they know that they need to build at least 45 floors. And honestly, a 60 floor hotel building would be too much for Tel Aviv in my opinion. This isnt NYC.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't think it is absolutely necessary to preserve these little old buildings. What is their significance to our history? They were part of a German colony and maybe some where used by the Ben Gurion government or something like that. No need to keep them all at all cost in my opinion.

·
10,556 Posts
Excuse me for my ignorance, but there is something I dont get.
Are they ever going to lay a foundation on the remaining vacant area for the tower, or is it actually going to be supported by this podium that was built?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Hard to tell whether and when the work on the foundation will begin. At least we have few indications such as repositioning the silos/tanks on the podium at street level and replacing the banners facing the Begin Rd with renders...

401 - 420 of 849 Posts