SkyscraperCity Forum banner
781 - 800 of 892 Posts

·
10,749 Posts
On one hand, I'm really angry at all the shit they're pulling. On the other hand, I'd love for the tower to be taller...
Look, I would love to see a taller tower as well, but if they are allowed to proceed and get rewarded, it wont be good for anyone.
Because no project will ever complete in time and every developer will start blackmailing authorities in order to get their way.
This time its to add floors, next time its the developer not interested in doing the public services (the part where developer gives back by building public infrastructure, or maybe even developer deciding he wants to use lower quality materials and forcing authorities by halting construction in the middle and demanding a special permit.
The laws are made for a reason and they need to be observed.
If we don't like them, they need to be changed, if they hinder development, they need to be changed, but it shouldn't be like that.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Regarding a possible redesign at this stage, one of those those sky lounges they mentioned can be converted to a skylobby, or having a few more floors served by existing elevators - more likely because the pace of the core isn't slowing. I don't think the foundations would fail if they added some more floors, but it will turn out messy either way, but this thing could be nice with 55 floors!

·
Registered
266 Posts
They are beggining to reduce the cranes.
It does not make sense even with the core nearing the end (still 10 more floors, and because of the frame).
Another fiasco with the municipality is approaching?

781 - 800 of 892 Posts